Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 6:13am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « elavil »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   elavil
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: elavil  (Read 444 times)
talitha
New Board Newbie

Walking by faith

Email

elavil
« on: Jan 9th, 2003, 7:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

finally got to see my VA doctor-won't prescribe O2-said I must see neurologist for that-we went down the list of medications-elavil was all she was willing to prescribe-I see a neurologist on the 21st.
anyone had any luck with elavil?
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: elavil
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 9:32pm »

It did nothing for me.  So sorry that you have to wait a  week to get in.  Could be much worse tho.  Hopefully the neuro will be knowlegeable and listen to you as well.  Keep us posted on how your neuro visit goes.  Keep the faith!
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 1:27am »

Greetings talitha
It did nothing for Mopar either. Here's what Health Square http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/ELA1155.HTM says about it:

"Elavil is prescribed for the relief of symptoms of mental depression. It is a member of the group of drugs called tricyclic antidepressants. Some doctors also prescribe Elavil to treat bulimia (an eating disorder), to control chronic pain, to prevent migraine headaches, and to treat a pathological weeping and laughing syndrome associated with multiple sclerosis. "

I think a few people have posted that it helped them - at least for a short time, but it takes a while to build up to working strength - around two weeks from memory.

Good luck and keep us posted
firebrix

IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 9:20am »

I know a chronic who swears by the stuff.  He hasn't had an attack since he started taking it 10 years ago.

It will leave you groggy as heck in the morning for a while, especially if you're in the 50mg before bed dose.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
talitha
New Board Newbie

Walking by faith

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 11:11am »

Thanks for the replys.  I'm taking 10mg twice a day., Actually since it took a month to get in to see the VA doc, 12 days is not bad to get to a neurologist.
Hoping y'all have PFDAN
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss