Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex Injections Shelf Life »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex Injections Shelf Life
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex Injections Shelf Life  (Read 1157 times)
andy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

Imitrex Injections Shelf Life
« on: Jan 8th, 2003, 2:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Its been 2 1/2 years since my last attack. My neuro gave me some samples back in sept 2000, The last time i saw him. I didnt use any because my cycle was just about over so ive been saving them for a real headbanger. They have been in my fridge for a couple of years. The expiration date is  JUN 01        Does it go bad or is it a way for the drug companies to make more money when it expires? I am still painfree but someday i might need them!!  Thanks, Andy ???
IP Logged
clavers
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re:  Imitrex Injections Shelf Life
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2003, 9:14am »

I have used them as much as 8 months out of date and they were fine.  I don't know about two years, but if I was in CH pain I would try anything.
IP Logged
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 4:34am »

I once went for 3 years CH free a long time back and when they hit I found my stockpile of injections in my bedroom cupboard and they had expired by well over 2 years. I used them anyway and they worked as good as new. I reckon if they are kept in a cool dry place and you have not tampered with the sterile packaging they are fine for many years. I reckon the expiry date is more to protect the manufacturer than the consumer.
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Lenny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 9:33am »

Andy,
 I have used them when they were appr.18 months old and they were fine( i called the phar.first ).
  Refrigeration? i dont think your supposed to do that with the imatrix ( check the storage imfor. ) Good Luck.
IP Logged

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 10:56am »

I don't keep my injections in the fridge either.  I'd be too afraid that the coldness would affect the medicine.  But I'm no doctor...I just keep mine in a dark, cool closet.

I too have used my injections wayyyyyyy after the expiration date listed and had good results.....

I agree with Clavers - I would do anything to get out of the pain.

Hope you continue to stay pain free!!!!!!   Smiley

Mia
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss