Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 7:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Verapamil & Robaxacet »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Verapamil & Robaxacet
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Verapamil & Robaxacet  (Read 505 times)
Slick
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Verapamil & Robaxacet
« on: Jan 9th, 2003, 10:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi folks,

I haven't put a message on the Board for the last 18 months or so.  Its been that long since the last cluster.

They came back about three weeks ago.  They are gone.  I have never had a three week cluster.  I've always been as regular as clockwork (for the last 17 years, 18 months between clusters, and they last for three months).

As I haven't been surfing this site lately, this could be something that has alrady been discussed.  My aplogies if I'm going over old ground.

I've tried the whole gamut of drugs... prednezone (gag me)... beta blockers... calcium channel blockers...verapamil.  Nothing worked... most just made me sick.

I was surfing the net when the cluster started, and ran across a mention of a small study in Israel, that used verapamil and Robaxacet.  My doc said it wasn;t dangerous, so I tried it.

Here's what happened:

-  at the beginning, no change from the usual (3 - 8 attacks a day, ranging from 4 - 9 in severity);
-  after 8 or nine days, the severity diminished greatly (averaging 3-5 in severity).  The pre-attack shadow was quite long and gradual, meaning that the Imitrex was far more effective in aborting;
-  after 17 or 18 days, the severity was diminished to an average of 2-3.  They came on so gradually with so much warning that I could just saunter over to the imitrex injector (rather than racing like a fool and struggling to rip open that maddening container);
-  now, after 21 days, the cluster has ended.

This has never happened before.  Not ever.  Could be bullshit luck, or maybe it really works.

Anyways, here's what I took:
-  Verapamil SR - 240 mg once a day;
-  Robaxacet (over the counter, non-prescription).  On holidays, I would take ttwo tabs every six hours (the maximum dose).  During the work week, two tabs with supper, two at bedtime.

I would highly recommend giving this a shot.  Its a pretty cheap combination, and cetainly doesn't make you sick like prednezone.

If anyone else has tried this, please let me know.

Regards,
Slick

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss