Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 2:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Botox Update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Botox Update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Botox Update  (Read 296 times)
Baddog37

Email

Botox Update
« on: Jan 21st, 2003, 8:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Morning Clusterheads!  Wanted to update you on this topic since I a newbie to the board but a 12 year CH sufferer.  Anyway, I believe the Botox is working but just took a lil time to kick in.  What headaches have occurred are no longer a 9/10 but I can feel them trying to kick in but they are not getting through.  I have taken Esgic for years but it was failing me (pain reliever) but the doc gave me some Hydrocodone to make a "coctail"-1 Esgic, 1 hyrodcodone if necessary.  I have used it only once and it stopped the pain but try and not operate heavy machinery or little thinks like walking-lol.
     Most Insurance Companies (I have BC/BS) will not recognize Botox as a treatment since it is used for "cosmetic purposes" and is considered experimental.  However my Doc submitted the claim under the treatment for a facial twitch/spasm brought on by the CH and this seemed to satisy them.  Just wanted to pass this along.
    Hope you have a pain free day-Maxey
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss