Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 3:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Extending Imitrex NS »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Extending Imitrex NS
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Extending Imitrex NS  (Read 367 times)
ozzman
New Board Old Timer
USA 

We who are not as others -- Chaos A.D. --Sepultura

OzzyVal
WWW Email

Extending Imitrex NS
« on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 8:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a question, we all know how to extend the Imitrex shots, but does anybody know how to extend the nasal spray?
I think there may be a way to take it apart and divide the dose into two. I know The 5mg dose was not enough, but in the early days I remember the 10mg actually worked. Even if you didn't delivered nasally, what if you put it under your tongue so that it would be absorbed quickly?

Anybody?  Undecided

Ozzy
IP Logged

"Always remember rule ONE" --Lu-Tze
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Extending Imitrex NS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 9:02am »

I have no idea if that would work.

It sounds like a question for your pharmacist.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Extending Imitrex NS
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 5:21pm »

You can get the ns in 5mg and 20mg here in the states.  I have not seen any other.  I have been told in europe that they have 2 doses in 1 ns where here in US there is only 1 dose per ns.  I have had 5 mg work before and when it doesn't work after 10 min. I take another 5 mg.  So I have taken 10mg total.  That almost always does the trick for me.  I have studied the ns and can not figure a way to get 2 10mg doses out of the 20mg.  I certanly wouldn't put it in my mouth.  That ns tastes very nasty as drainage.  I can't imagine trying to swollow it.  YUK!!  If you figure a way to get the ns into multiple doses please let me know.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss