Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I need a doctor in NYC »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   I need a doctor in NYC
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I need a doctor in NYC  (Read 349 times)
Habby

Email

I need a doctor in NYC
« on: Jan 26th, 2003, 11:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Can someone please refer me to a doctor in New York City?

Thanks very much!!
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: I need a doctor in NYC
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2003, 2:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I officially refer you to a doctor in NYC. For a list of good ones go to www.clusterheadaces.org and look in the section suggesting doctors in NYC.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2003, 2:39am by Ted » IP Logged
lonenightowl

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2003, 10:37am »

Try this link- [url][/url]Ihttp://www.achenet.org/physicians/achesearch.php  it's a place to start,many of them have e-mail adresses  so you can ask them Questions without waisting time on them if they don't know diddly.
Good Luck in your search.PFDN
            BillyJ
IP Logged
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27th, 2003, 3:12pm »

there is only one doctor on nyc worth seeing if you want my opinion. i suffered for three years until i found him and we worked out a plan of meds that has worked for the last 4 months. check him out. he is expensive and doesn't take insurance. luckily  my insurance pays 70% for out of pocket, so maybe you can see him.

Dr. Lawrence Newman
Headache Institute St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
1000 tenth ave
212-523-5869

i've been to 7 neuros in nyc , he has beent he easiest to talk to and the only one who returns calls promptly and is caring and knows anything about clusters. new york magazine wrote him up as one of the best headaches guys in nyc.

if you have any questions email me at jdo201@yahoo.com
i also live in nyc.

best of luck
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 27th, 2003, 4:36pm »

The above suggestions are all excellent.  Here's one more (just in case):  Dr. Derek Randall (he's on 5th and 35th).
(212) 689-5616

I have been seeing him for episodic clusters since about 1992.  I called his office in a frenzy years ago at the peak of a vicious cycle.  He personally picked up his phone and made an appointment for me the NEXT DAY.  He takes most insurances, is easy to talk to, and was up to date with treatment options.  

Best luck and PFDAN.

Let us know how things progress!
IP Logged
RI
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19th, 2003, 2:12pm »

I have been seeing Dr. Christine Lay.  She shares offices with Larry Newman mentioned above.  She has been great so far.  Specializes in headaches... very knowledgeable.  
Here is her contact info:
St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
1000 Tenth Avenue, Suite 1C-10  
NY, NY  10019
212-523-5869

IP Logged
FINDCARL

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 19th, 2003, 10:42pm »

i'm seeing dr.derek randall as well.i just started seeing him about 3 weeks ago.ive had horrible migranes/ch for 5 months-he's been a godsend.i actually have pain free days and am down to about 1 attack a day now,from a 24-hour headache 3 weeks ago.he's still working on me and he is the best doctor i've ever dealt with in regards to answering messages. good luck
IP Logged
alikat
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 2nd, 2003, 9:46am »

I also have a doctor in nyc.  you have had alot of response and not sure if you still need this but he specializes in headaches:

new york headache center
30 east 76th street
new york, new york  10021
212 794 3550
dr alexander mauskop

they also participate with insurances

good luck!  Kiss
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:13am »

All right, you guys, it is great that you are helping a fellow sufferer, but I ask you, is all that info posted on the OUCH site? Are all these doctors on the OUch list of clusterpatient-friendly docs????

If not, take 2 minutes of your time and do it. Then, like Ted, you can refer newbies directly to the list!

Thanx
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:40am »

Ave, although I certainly understand and agree, I have a bit of trouble associating a doctor to OUCH without the consent of the doc.  During my last cycle, I gave the doc the OUCH info.  I wrote him a letter in an attempt to at least pique his interest in OUCH.  I feel that it is up to the doctor himself to either consent to his name being there or put it there himself.  I have no difficulty referring a doctor to a fellow sufferer.  Let me be clear on the fact that I REFERRED THE DOC TO OUCH!  Thanks.  Kim
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss