Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Stadol & eyes »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Stadol & eyes
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stadol & eyes  (Read 365 times)
ed

Email

Stadol & eyes
« on: Feb 1st, 2003, 9:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I took Stadol from Nov until mid Jan.  It took care of the headaches wonderfully.  However, my eyes have been left being extremely sensitive to light?  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so, did your eyes clear up over time.  My eyes do not seem to be improving.  Thanks!
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Stadol & eyes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2003, 5:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Stadol did not effect my vision at all and I used it for quit awhile.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2003, 11:22pm »

I only took Stadhol for a short while.  I will NEVER AGAIN take stadhol for as long as I shall inhabit this earth. Roll Eyes
IP Logged
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Reality is for those who lack imagination!

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 2nd, 2003, 2:44am »

KIm why will you never take stadol again?

athos---
IP Logged

http://www.XdUP.com
Find Your Value For X
ed

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:50pm »

Stadol was good for me.  I have taken it as needed for several years with no problems.  But as my headaches were winding down back in January, my eyes started having the 'light sensitive" problem.  
I am just wondering if anyone else has encountered this same problem? Roll Eyes
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 2nd, 2003, 10:31pm »

ed,
I'm with Kim, Stadol is NASTY! Tried it two times to abort attacks and I was so out of it I didn't know come here from sic 'em...and I still had the beast to deal with! Might be OK for recreational use but none for me thanks.
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Hound_Dogg

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 3rd, 2003, 9:03am »

I can't answer for Kim...but I can tell you that Stadol made me feel like "CRAP". I felt completely drugged and tired, yet had trouble sleeping. Felt like my heart was beating outta my chest...About the only thing it did not affect was my eyes or vision.

I would talk to your Doc about it. It could be something else. Everybody has different experiences from the same meds. So if Stadol worked great and your Doctor ok's the vision problem, continue using.

"D"
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 4th, 2003, 8:37pm »

Strong (and potentially disabling med for Kimmy).  I had the precription with the inhaler?  Your supposed to snort it at onset.  This I did.  And then fell on the floor (world went topsy turvy and I saw "stars"...)  that's the only way I can explain it.  I also got nautious.  

By the way, it did not do diddley in the way of aborting attacks.  It just made me really really SICK.  I tried it for a few days and then pitched it in the trash.  

IP Logged
MattJ
New Board Newbie

mrvax2  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 10th, 2003, 3:02pm »

Stadol helps me with milder CHAs.
It never bothered my eyes as you describe but it did make my hearing a bit more sensitive to loud noises.
IP Logged
Missa
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 13th, 2003, 2:21am »

Cool
I am a chronic sufferer, and have been using Stadol daily for a couple of years.  It is a diuretic, and it dries my eyes out terribly when I use it.  This could account for the sensitivity to light.  I also have experienced this side-effect, but since Stadol is the only thing (other than Demoral) that helps my headaches, it's worth it!
IP Logged
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 15th, 2003, 7:38pm »

I'm with Kim on this one!  I only used Stadol once and it was enough.  Got hit in the middle of the night, snorted the crap and my hon found me the next day passed out with my face attached to the patio door.  It did nothing for my Clusters and I was stoned for the rest of the day!  If it works for you, then that's excellent.  I've never heard of any fellow clusterhead having problems with eyes.  That doesn't mean anything though.  Talk to your doctor.

hugs
Ann
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss