Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 11:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Jaquedryl »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Jaquedryl
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Jaquedryl  (Read 320 times)
scanner
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Jaquedryl
« on: Feb 9th, 2003, 2:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been getting clusters for about 12 years and haven't found anything that helps until a recent trip to Argentina.  While in Argentina I started getting the cluster headaches and didn't have anything to treat them with.  Down there everything is over the counter. I explained to the pharmicist  my condiction and he gave me Jaquedryl made by Park-Davis.  My next headache I took one pill and the pain was gone within 20 minutes.  I have had about 8 headaches since i receive the Jaquedryl and it worked everytime with in 20 minutes.  A pack of 10 pills cost about 2.50 US dollars.  As all sufferers know I would of piad hundreds to get these results.  I just returned and haven't been able to find out if its available in the states.  I bought 50 pills that are good until 2005. Here are the ingredents in spanish: tarato de ergotamina 1mg; citrato de cafeina 100 mg; clorhidrato de difenhidramina 25 mg.
IP Logged
dizzyd
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Jaquedryl
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2003, 6:46pm »

Hi,

Sounds like Cafergot...................stopped making it in USA................read thread/postings on "where did all my meds go-- Cafergot and Sansert---------

Glad you got enough to last you awhile!!
IP Logged
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 9th, 2003, 10:33pm »

I don't speak a word of Spanish, but it looks like  

Cafergot + Benadryl. (Ergot + Caffine + Benadryl) so it would make sense that it works for you.

Be careful, Cafergot can do some really nasty things to your circulation if taken for extended periods.

Marc
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10th, 2003, 2:59pm »

dizzy,

you sure they quit making it?  last time I looked for it I couldn't get Ercaf (the generic) but I could get Cafergot (name brand).
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10th, 2003, 3:05pm »

Being the bohunk I am, I just e-mailed Novartis to see if they still produce it.

Hint - Take that tab of cafergot and strap on the O2 mask.  It was my treatment of choice last go round.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
dizzyd
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10th, 2003, 6:21pm »

Hi Bob P.

I read the info off the following post and assumed it was accurate................

sfdaw23
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WHERE ARE ALL MY MEDS GOING?(SANSERT & CAFFERGOT)  
« on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:27am »  Quote  Modify  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULLY TREATED WITH A COMBO OF SANSERT AND VERAPAMIL FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW ONLY TO FIND OUT WHEN I GO TO GET MY SANSERT REFILLED THAT THE COMPANY THAT MAKES IT.... WELL, STOPPED MAKING IT.    

SO NOW I AM GETTING THESE AWFULL THINGS AGAIN AND ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY ALSO TOOK CAFFERGOT OFF THE MARKET TOO.    

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE..   ARE THEY TRYING TO KILL ME...  i DONT GET IT...   THEY TAKE AWAY THE PREVENTATIVE AND THE ABORTIVE.....  WHAT THE F%!#    

WHY DID THEY TAKE SANSERT & CAFFERGOT OFF THE MARKET  

I HAVE TRIED ALMOST EVERYTHING ELSE AND THESE ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.  

DOC IS NOW TRYING TOPAMAX. SO FAR, NOT WORKING.  IT IS MESSING WITH THE SCHEDULE OF THE CHS  SO MAYBE I JUST NEED TO GIVE IT MORE TIME/ MORE DOSE.  

AS FAR AS THE TOPAMAX MAKING ME STUPID I AM ALREADY STUPID SO THATS NOT AN ISSUE SO IF IT WORKS I CAN LIVE WITH IT.  
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11th, 2003, 7:53pm »

Got this from Novartis.  They don't say anything about the tabs:

Thank you for your interest in Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.

Cafergot suppositories are currently on backorder status; however, the situation is in the process of being resolved.  Please have your pharmacy contact their wholesaler to attempt to obtain an emergency drop shipment through our Customer Service Department.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss