Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 9:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My advice is don't take »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   My advice is don't take
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My advice is don't take  (Read 545 times)
barbee

Email

My advice is don't take
« on: Aug 29th, 2002, 2:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Frova!! Lips Sealed  It's  a  rather new Triptan.  I took one at bedtime last night, and spent the night with a headache, and, fitful sleep, waking up about 15 times, one time with such pain I got up for the ice pack.
Today I'm in a fog.

It may affect everyone in a different way, but if you take it, good luck!!
IP Logged
SteveP

Email

Re: My advice is don't take
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29th, 2002, 4:48pm »

Hi Barbee,

I'm sorry to hear that Frova didn't help you.  It isn't the first time I've read that on this site.

I've had pretty good luck taking it about an hour to hour and a half before my normal CH time.  I have never used it during peak clusters, so the jury is still out for me as well.

Have you tried other pill form triptans?
None of the other pill forms have worked for me.

We all battle these damn things a little differently don't we?

SteveP
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 1st, 2002, 11:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry to hear this..i just picked up 9 of them from the pharmacy...so it is nothing like amerge?  Grinnancyc
IP Logged
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 6th, 2002, 7:56am »

I also was put of Frova the 2nd day it came out....I used it as a preventive....worked for 2 days then nothing....I donated the other 10 pills to my Dr so he could give it to someone else that it might work for.....My neuro has always made sure I had the meds I needed.....Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 6th, 2002, 7:21pm »

I tried frova for my migraine and it didnt even abort the one i had... dulled it and took about 2 hours rather than the 10 min or 30 min with zomig or imatrex... so then your stuck for the rest of the time hanging in there because your not supposed to mix the meds... It is supposed to last longer in your system so it is supposed to keep your H/A away or lessen the effects of the next one because it hangs around... This is why cutting the imatrex can be a problem... having too much in your system is aborting and lasting in your system for the next ones intensity... hope this makes sense... thats what the Neuro told me... love ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
MRKS

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11th, 2003, 3:38pm »

Definitely keep away from this stuff.  It should tell you something when a major pharmacy chain like CVS doesn't even stock it.  My neurologist told me to take one each morning (against the package insert recommendation) to "ward off" cluster attacks then to take Maxalt-MLT 10 mg. on top of it if a cluster did occur (again a big "no-no" according to both drug's package inserts-mixing triptans within a 24 hr. period).  After about a week I thought I was going to end up in intensive care because I was in such a fog.  As a result, I am dumping Frova and my neurologist as neither are worth a darn!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss