Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My Mushroom Therapy/Remedy has stopped working »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   My Mushroom Therapy/Remedy has stopped working
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My Mushroom Therapy/Remedy has stopped working  (Read 503 times)
das
New Board Junior

It's 2:22, make a wish.

My Mushroom Therapy/Remedy has stopped working
« on: Feb 17th, 2003, 9:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Any Advice?

I have been using the mushroom therapy for about 14 months with what I thought was great success. Maybe not. My last cycle started in October 02 and finished in December 02.  

I had been taking small doses whenever I felt any strong shadows and for a while I never had any attacks. As of about 2-3 weeks ago I started getting shadows and  had run out of my supply. I wasn't able to find any immediately and the shadows started to become minor attacks. Finally got my hands on some and have taken 3-4 doses in the last 3-4 weeks. The shadows/minor attacks (5 on kip) continued.  

Last night I had my first 10 in over a year. The shrooms seemed to have stopped working. Perhaps I need to take more? Perhaps they aren't strong enough? The attack last night started and stopped between 11:30 to 1:30.. Feel asleep on the couch. Woke up at 5:50am. Went to bed. Got woken up at 7:50 by a strong shadow. It got a little worse, but it seems that I can abort an attack in the morning with coffee..

Just like everything else I've ever done that has worked, it seems every remedy is temporary. It's as if it takes the beast 1-2 years (or less) to find its way around your preventative measures. It does, and then you are back to square one.

For me, meds is not an option. I just can't deal with the idea of having to take so many pills so regularly. Immitrex just cause rebounds, isoptin slows down my whole system.. lithium...no way in hell, pain killers...thanks but I'm not going to run the risk of addiction. For now I will get myself a tank of O2 and hopefully weather the storm.

If anyone has advice about what I may be doing wrong with the shroom therapy, please advise.....

I'm so pissed !!!! I have been singing the praises of the shroom therapy and then this.  

Thanks...

DAS
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

Re: My Mushroom Therapy/Remedy has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17th, 2003, 3:01pm »

Greetings das
Sorry to hear you're getting slammed again.
I think you were taking VERY small doses from what I remember of your posts. Maybe now would be a good time to do a series of slightly higher doses? About 5 days apart until headaches cease. IM me if you need more input.
Hang in there mate.  
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
terrylch
New Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17th, 2003, 11:12pm »

Roll Eyes
Hello DAS,
    This is just my opinion.  I believe the problem with the shrooms lies in the fact you did not get the first bout aborted.  I believe that if you can abort the first of the series and a couple after that.  They go away and you do not get the rest of that cycle.  I think you might have to rough it out and try the shrooms again a the first sign of CH in the next cycle.  Good luck,  terry
IP Logged

terry
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2003, 5:31am »

I believe terrylch is likely correct. It seems that many clusterheads can use the mushrooms as a sort of "organic imitrex", aborting individual attacks with quite small doses. For some, this method has the added benefit of making the headaches less frequent. It does appear that this approach allows one to make it through an entire cycle with relatively little discomfort, and MAY even shorten the cycle to some degree.  

But it seems this minimalistic approach tends to be less effective at actually cutting short a cycle before its time than the more aggressive strategy of taking less frequent but larger doses.

I believe firebrix has the right idea -- time to take some bigger doses, but you may have to take a break from them for some weeks to a month first.  

Finally, the few reports we have from people who have been able to obtain LSD seem to indicate that LSD is more effective than psilocybin in halting a cycle dead in its tracks. Unfortunately, the small sample size of clusterheads who have tried LSD is as yet too small to be able to state firmly that it is superior. It is definitely worthy of further investigation, in my opinion.

pinky
IP Logged
MidnightObsidian
New Board Newbie

132603399 132603399   Midnight_Obsidian   MidnightObsidian
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2003, 1:29am »

You haven't been taking any antidepressants (especially SSRIs), have you?  Those will stop the mechanics of serotonergic drugs (psilocybin/psilocilin, lsd, etd) dead in their tracks.
IP Logged
das
New Board Junior

It's 2:22, make a wish.

« Reply #5 on: Feb 23rd, 2003, 9:44am »

I would have to say that terrylch is right. When I started getting strong shadows I had run out of shrooms. Prior to that, I would dose small amounts when I felt shadows. It seemed to work as a deterrent.  

When the shadows came back 2 and a half weeks ago, I had trouble finding any shrooms. I finally did, but by then the attacks had come back, mildly at first. I dosed 2-3 times in a 2 week period and had no luck. The first thing that came to mind after treatment # 2 didn't work was that I had missed the boat...

I dosed again last week and still no luck. I will wait for 3-4 weeks before I try again, although hopefully by then the attacks will be gone.

To answer midnight's question, no I have not been taking any anti-depressants. In fact, no meds at all for over 14 months.  

Pink Shark... I like shrooms because even at a high dose, you can handle them and they don't last more than 3-4 hours. LSD is potentially a much scarier and longer adventure depending. I would say that my strongest LSD experience (years ago) was at least 100 times (no joke) the strength of any shroom experience I have ever had. LSD 40 is serious business.  Ever heard of Hunter S. Thompson? lol

I feel a lot more comfortable recommending shrooms here, but LSD....  Undecided  Even shrooms are not for the weak of mind, but LSD in strong concentrations can be hard to handle for the strongest of minds.

Nevertheless, thanks for all of your advice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss