Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thanks to all. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thanks to all.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thanks to all.  (Read 256 times)
smorpheus
New Board Newbie

Just 5 more minutes...

shootermorpheus
Email

Thanks to all.
« on: Feb 22nd, 2003, 7:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I'm a 24 year old male who started getting CH's about halfway through January 03, I was pretty scared at first, but the day after I woke up with my first one, I was able to find this site on the web.  

Since my symptons pretty much perfectly matched the CH traits, I felt immensely better at least knowing what I had.  Unfortuantely, I didn't have health insurance at the time (Still don't, actually), and until I'm hired by the company I'm working for (in the process right now), I won't be able to afford it.  

So I began looking at the alternative options, tried all of the tricks and found some relief in the "hot shower" method, which works but only delays the headache until later in the day, also I stopped drinking carbonated beverages (mostly diet coke), which turns out to definitely be a trigger for my headaches.  Oddly, alcohol does not appear to be a trigger.  Instead of soda I drink water now (about 2 gals a day) and I did notice that it helps, but it certainly does not prevent or abort the attacks, but I believe it makes them more *tolerable*

It took me about three weeks to procure magic mushrooms.  In college I was familiar with the pleasant drug and was optimistic about using them.  Unfortunately like LSD, shrooms in SoCal are not very popular right now and seem to be hard to get Speed, Pot, and Cocaine are no problem Sad and I can walk to just about any corner in my neighborhood and buy as much crack as I want.  GO Partnership for Drug Free America!

When I finally did get them, I consumed them with a really bad attitude.  The headaches were making me very depressed, effecting my work, sleep, and general enjoyment of life.  Despite the negative attitude, the shrooms immediately aborted my attacks, and worked for one full week.  I redosed again last week and have had many more PFD's since.  

I'm eternally thankful to whoever figured this out.  My head is thankful and my friends are thankful (you should have seen how scared everyone was the first time i had one).  I understand this method doesn't work for everyone.  But I just wanted to add to the already many insipiring messages about the validity of this method.  

It really depresses me that a valid treatment is basically being ignored because of some insane taboos within the medical community.  I feel like I would be lucky to see psilocybin distributed in pill form before I die (hopefully there will be a cure by then).  

When I think of all the people on this site suffering who will never try this method because it's illegal, God I want to move to Amsterdam.  

Oh and one question, due to my re-awakened love of this drug, I am seriously considering trying my hand at growing.  Unfortunately, I live in one of the two states where the spores are banned.  I believe the spores are banned because of the Aggie laws that Cali has.  Regardless, I know how to get the shrooms, but I have absolutely NO idea how to go about trying to get some spores.  

I think the cause is good enough to warrent some risk, but I wouldn't want to risk it upon anyone else (i.e. having a friend in another state buy them, then send them to me).  Does anyone have any suggestions at all on procuring spores, legal or otherwise?

Thanks a lot.
IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

Re: Thanks to all.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23rd, 2003, 8:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

smorpheus --  

Thanks for the report. It's good to hear it's working for you.  I gather you weren't taking any medications except water, and this may have aided in your success. I like the water treatment as well, but do you really drink two gallons a day?  You've got a helluva bladder, if you don't mind me saying.  Wink  You might want to take a daily multivitamin to replce the water-soluables. You don't need a megavitamin. I've heard a kid's vitamin, like Flintstones, is all you really need.  

I'm beginning to think that using an additional preventive treatment that doesn't interfere with shrooms, such as water or verapamil, might be a good strategy.

It was a fellow we call Flash who discovered hallucinogen therapy and brought it to the attention of the Clusterheads on this board.  For an archive of those discussions and the reports of others see:  
http://www.geocities.com/ClusterBusters2002/2000.html

I wouldn't blame taboos in the medical community for the lack of research on this: the government's the one imposing taboos. The other major problem is the lack of profit potential by the drug companies.

It is best to grow your own, but I'm afraid I can't help you with the spore problem. What's worse, a major spore supplier was busted just the other day.  If you must resort to street drugs, watch out for added drugs or non-psilocybin mushrooms that have been dosed with something.  Funny how some of the government's efforts to crack down on drugs forces people to go to street dealers instead of medical marijuana co-ops, for example, or personal mycological agriculture.  

Thanks again for the report, and please keep us updated, especially if it STOPS working. This is the most valuable information of all, and sometimes people are reluctant to report failures.  

And if anyone else out there is trying this, please report!

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss