Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Any advise/comments on Deseril (Methysergide)? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Any advise/comments on Deseril (Methysergide)?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any advise/comments on Deseril (Methysergide)?  (Read 395 times)
b.bop
New Board Newbie

*blergle*

Email

Any advise/comments on Deseril (Methysergide)?
« on: Feb 26th, 2003, 9:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone got any comments on their experiences with the above medication? Am I meant to feel this gross after taking one? I s'pose as long as it helps the CH's I don't mind  Wink
IP Logged
wheaties
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Any advise/comments on Deseril (Methysergide)?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26th, 2003, 10:36pm »

Hi,  

Well, I have never heard of it. My husband has lived on Zomig for over 4 years and it has worked for him. He has, however, been pain free since October because of a product called OPC3. Get educated on it. Go the Webmd.com and type in OPC. It will explain what it is and how it works. It helps many people. I had allergies, carporal tunnel, and tennis elbow. It took 3 months before my results kicked in, but my husband says it is well worth the wait. I just want to help people who were in the same situation as my husband. It is horrific. If you want to know where you can get it from, let me know, I can help. If not, good luck on Deseril.
Terri
IP Logged
dougW
New Board Veteran
Canada 

pain is inevitable.   suffering is optional

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26th, 2003, 11:10pm »

b.bop:  I tried it several times, once it stopped a cycle at 2 weeks (usually 6-10), more often it seemed to to have little effect except make me feel like crap!  Very dangerous if you take it for over 6 months.  Do lots of reading at rxlist.com.

Good luck  

and to Wheaties:  
in your other post on opc you say your husband..." He has been on Sansert"  

Above, you state"Well, I have never heard of it."

Actually, methysergide and sansert are the same thing.  

No, they do not contain grape seed extract.

Lets go back to the OPC post
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2003, 11:21pm by dougW » IP Logged

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness. I'll meet you there. (Rumi)
dizzyd
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 6:31pm »

Hi,

I just want to say that I have been on/off Sansert/Methysergide for many years and am currently on it from a script out of Canada.

When you first start this script you feel like crap.........it gradually gets better and you become adjusted pretty quickly.  I usually feel a wierd effect for the first week or so and then no side effects at all EXCEPT when the drug-life starts to wear off and it is time for the next dosage...........it can bring on a headache/cluster if I do not take my next dosage right away.

I have really good luck with this med as long as I take my dosage on time, I hope it works for you, give it a little time and make sure you go on the "holiday" after 6 months or long-term problems can effect you.

Dizzy D
IP Logged
wheaties
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 10:24pm »

I just wanted to reply to Doug's comments. I wasn't aware Deseril and Sansert were the same. My husband took what I know as Sansert for a period of 6 months. From that point on Zomig. I know that doesn't have grape seed extract in it. I was stating OPC's contain grape seed extract. Sorry if that wasn't clear.  

Terri
IP Logged
ComputerGeek

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 11:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi b.bob,

Sansert/Deseril is just like dizzyd said... feel like crap for a while and then your body adjusts to it.  Also really, REALLY read up on the side effects of long term use.  They can be nasty.  

Dizzyd:

Sounds like Canada came through on the sansert.  very cool.  I will have to try and obtain some before the prices start going up.

Pat
IP Logged
dizzyd
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28th, 2003, 7:01pm »

Hi Pat,

A little note on the Canadian script (Sansert).........it took 31 days, I repeat 31 days to get the script so please keep that in mind if you are planning on getting it.  I'm not a happy camper about it.........I was done to one pill.....................!!!!!

DizzyD
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss