Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « BACK IN FULL FORCE »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   BACK IN FULL FORCE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: BACK IN FULL FORCE  (Read 256 times)
BOBBIO

Email

BACK IN FULL FORCE
« on: Feb 27th, 2003, 9:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

7 YR. WITH THE BEAST, COMING OFF A 1 1/2 YR. HIATUS, NAIVELY THOUGHT THEY WERE GONE. HAD 14 ATTACKS IN LAST 36 HRS., BLEW AWAY MY OLD RECORD OF 6. ANYONE EVER HEARD OF SO MANY ATTACKS IN A SHORT TIME, VARIED FROM 5 TO 10 ON SCALE.  MY DOC IS EXCELLENT, MY INS. CO. SUCKS REGARDING STAT DOSE, WHICH HAS SAVED MY LIFE.  CALLED DOC AT HOME IN DESPERATION, HE GAVE 60MG PREDNISONE, WORKS SHORT TERM, LIKE TO GET OFF IT ASAP THOUGH.  600 MG LITHIUM, AND NORVASC, CAL CH BLOCK., ANYONE TRIED THIS COCKTAIL? STATDOSE TOMORROW!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: BACK IN FULL FORCE
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 10:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello and sorry to hear you are getting hit right now and so bad. I personally have not used that cocktail but hope it works for you. Typically verapamil is recommended to be tried as a preventative and 02 and imitrex inj for abortives. Personally I used verapamil and topomax for prev. and zomig for abortive. Worked for me but everyone is so different! I am glad you found CH.com though and just try to read as much as possible,,,that is your best defense! Some great info..and people here. I'm sure you will get more feedback soon.
Feel better soon!
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2003, 1:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome Bobbio!
Sure do know someone with as many hits as you describe! Mopar, who is chronic, gets them every two hours, day and night when he's having a really bad time.
The only drugs that work for him are prednisone and Imitrex injections. I hope your cocktail works for you.
Ummmmm........ before someone else mentions it,(and maybe less politely) do you think you could take the caps lock off? Please? Caps are seen as shouting on message boards and I'm sure you're not that noisy!!
I wish you PFDAN
firebrix

IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
BOBBIO

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28th, 2003, 8:12am »

Firebrix,

Sorry about caps, I'm watch them in the future. But I was shouting, after 12-14 jolts in 24 hrs., lol.

Thanks for your concern, Bobbio.
IP Logged
H2odiver

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28th, 2003, 9:47pm »

The Beast is making his rounds. Mine came back on Tuesday and after my wife made some speedy phone calls I had my scripts and O2 within hours.Unfortunately the O2 didnt work and had 2 bad ones back to back.Wed I just had 1 small one with  tingles the rests of the day. I just had my 10 year anniversary with the beast and was hoping for a divorce but he just will not leave me alone. I am taking 60mg of prednisone and 480 mg of verapamil per day. The past two days have been great, not like I am out of the woods yet though.I know that the prednisone is bad for the liver but my ch's get so bad that I really dont worry about it. I will start to taper down in another 2 days.I am going to the dr on Monday and am hoping to get some Imitrex injections for the times the O2 doesnt work.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss