Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Magnesium, B2 & Feverfew ?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Magnesium, B2 & Feverfew ??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Magnesium, B2 & Feverfew ??  (Read 2862 times)
Carlos
New Board Newbie

All things must pass....

Email

Magnesium, B2 & Feverfew ??
« on: Oct 21st, 2003, 7:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Folks- It's getting to the time of year when I always get my cluster-headaches. What is the verdict on Magnesium, B2, Feverfew and Melatonin? Any luck with these in a preventive capacity? I hate all the drugs my neurologist gives me and quite frankly...they don't work.
How about oxygen therapy? And were do you get it?

I refuse to spend another holiday season taking massive doses of painkillers that might as well be baby asprin. Ho-Ho Hum...
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Re: Magnesium, B2 & Feverfew ??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:05pm »

Greetings Carlos!

The oxygen info link on the left will tell you much of what you need to know about the treatment.  You will probably have to offer this up to your doc/neuro and get him/her to buy off on it and prescribe it for you.  I can't answer your questions about meds...if I did, it would not be first hand info.  What specifically have you tried?  I would hate to offer up options that you have already deemed ineffective.  Feel free to tell us a little more...specifically about your experiences with CH, meds etc.  We can take it from there.  For me, painkillers do crap for CH.

Regards!
Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 11:18pm »

Everything you list has a very uneven track record. However, there are sufficient good reports to make them worth a try, with the exception of feverfew.

OTC pain killers have little to offer for cluster and only the heavy duty Rx pain meds are used as a last resort. You would be better off exploring the meds list on the left side of this page. Excellent sources of info are: www.headachedrugs.com and the OUCH site.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 4:22am »

Hi there! Smiley

Magnesium, B2 & Feverfew together are called triple therapy. I've heard that it works wonders with some. In US you can purchase a product called Micra-Lieve which has all of them together.

More about it: http://www.naturalhealthmed.com/

Check it out! can't do any harm, right? I haven't tried it myself, but since the meds I'm using don't work that well, I've been looking for other treatments.  
I've heard that oxygen is excellent and the next time I'm seeing my doc, that's what I want to try.

Good luck with your search! Smiley

Best wishes & PFdays,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

DMulcahy

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 12:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Roll Eyes
I have suffered with Migraine/Cluster Headaches for years and tried lots of therapies. A few months ago I finished a year long course of Sanomigran which did help my headaches but taking constant medication didn't really appeal to me anymore, they also made me very tired etc..... I started taking Feverfew in tablet form over 2 months ago and have had maybe 2 headaches at most......I am presuming that they are working for me and will continue to take them. I am almost sure that my headaches are hormonal so it may not work for the men out there !!! I think any natural remedies are worth a try - have also heard that Butterbur is another great remedy, searching the web will give you lots of info.......
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 7:35pm »

on Oct 28th, 2003, 12:31pm, DMulcahy wrote:
I have suffered with Migraine/Cluster Headaches for years and tried lots of therapies. A few months ago I finished a year long course of Sanomigran which did help my headaches but taking constant medication didn't really appeal to me anymore, they also made me very tired etc..... I started taking Feverfew in tablet form over 2 months ago and have had maybe 2 headaches at most......I am presuming that they are working for me and will continue to take them. I am almost sure that my headaches are hormonal so it may not work for the men out there !!! I think any natural remedies are worth a try - have also heard that Butterbur is another great remedy, searching the web will give you lots of info.......

This confuses me...

Do you take feverfew as an abortive or daily or what?  If you take it daily, then you contradict your previous comment about taking constant medication.  If you take it as an abortive, then you have only used it twice in the last couple of months.  Additionally, you first said that you suffered from migraine/cluster headaches...does that mean you suffer from both CH and migraines?  Either way, what type were the 2 HAs (at most) did you experience since starting feverfew?

I don't want to assume...and I cannot figure out what you meant.

Please un-confuse me...   Grin

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss