Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What's your favorite preventative, or cocktail? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   What's your favorite preventative, or cocktail?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What's your favorite preventative, or cocktail?  (Read 1438 times)
violet
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

What's your favorite preventative, or cocktail?
« on: Oct 8th, 2003, 3:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Group,
What's your favorite preventative?  I've been using Dyperidimole and Verapamil, but I have to keep upping the dosages, (605mg), and my Neuro is trying to add to the drug cocktail.   Cheesy
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: What's your favorite preventative, or cocktail
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 3:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sansert works the best for me.  I have had no luck with prednisone or verapamil.
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 3:36pm »

Description
Dipyridamole ( dye-peer-ID-a-mole) is used to lessen the chance of stroke or other serious medical problems that may occur when a blood vessel is blocked by blood clots. It is given only when there is a larger-than-usual chance that these problems may occur. For example, it is given to people who have had diseased heart valves replaced by mechanical valves, because dangerous blood clots are especially likely to occur in these patients. Dipyridamole works by helping to prevent dangerous blood clots from forming.

Dipyridamole may also be used for other heart and blood conditions as determined by your doctor.

Dipyridamole is also sometimes used as part of a medical test that shows how well blood is flowing to your heart. For information on this use of dipyridamole, see Dipyridamole—Diagnostic (Systemic).  

Dipyridamole is available only with your doctor's prescription, in the following dosage forms:  

Oral  
Tablets (U.S. and Canada)  

Why do you take this, first time I have ever heard of using this for C/H ?

Lee
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 5:53pm »

My favorite preventative is one that works...I have yet to find that.   Angry
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
violet
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 10:33pm »

I take Dyperidimole to prevent stroke.  I have had 2 of them, supposedly due to vaso constriction, (migrainous infarctions) and not blood clots.  The Dyp. is supposed to dialate the arteries like verapamil does.  It helps prevent migraines.
Vi
IP Logged
wayner57
New Board Newbie

Another site newbe!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 9:57am »

I have used sansert as a preventive for many years, during some really bad episodes, I also took prednisone at the same time until the sansert started working. I have never suffered any ill effects from sansert and it is still available here in Canada. It is also allot cheaper then imitrex which I have never used.
IP Logged

Have danced with the demon for 12 years!
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 3:43pm »

Here it is,at least for me it is:

Verapamil Retard 120mgX5-7/daily during cycle  
Oxygene alone at 10ltm for at least 15 minutes on  a nonbreathermask or combined with imitrex-shots does miracles.The shots should start working in 6-9minutes.a few seconds after that you are almost painfree  
Prednisolone in high doze for 10 days 80mg  
then over a 3 weeks periode step down like 60-40-30-20-10-5mg every 3dh day  
Tapering down the verap im on full dozage 7 days after my last hit,then over the next 5 weeks im down to 1/daily.  
after 1 week on Verap retard 120mgX1 and still no hits i can quit that to  

The very best from Svenn  
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Episodic CH since 11 yrs old, now 39.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 6:15pm »

Sansert 3 years ago worked great, within days.  Now it is too controversially unhealthy/risky for my taste.  Waiting on this Prednisone (60 mg daily) for two weeks then taper to work in combo with 180 mg Verapamil.
Gregg in Las Vegas.
IP Logged

Wishing all a Pain Free 2008!
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 8:15am »

Best preventive I know of is psilocybin. It works real welI for me -  a couple small doses, just enough to get giggly, and get two months pain free.  Others may need to take more  (but not larger) doses. The success rate is high. It’s easy on the budget, too.

Contraindicated for those with mental illness, esp. schizophrenia, paranoia, deep-seated insecurity, etc. Err on the side of caution.

And it’s illegal in many places. Discretion is part of the protocol.

Info at: www.clusterbusters.com

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Flash

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 13th, 2003, 12:51pm »

LasVegas - the potential side effects /dangers of predisone are at least as bad as methysergide (Sansert).

I previously used 2x 10mcg (thats microgram 1000/th of a milligram) doses of LSD a year.   These days I use 6 fresh Liberty Cap mushrooms (equates to 500mg of dried cubensis mushrooms) once a year.  Success is total.  I've only suffered 15-20 days of CH is the past decade, as opposed to 600 days in the decade prior.

Please be aware that I mostly dose between episodes as this is when the treatment is most effective, preventing the entire episode.  However I have aborted episodes by dosing during them, just harder to do.
  www.clusterbusters.com

Oops it's also illegal.  Maybe that's because is non-addictive, cheap to manufacture, far too effective, no side effects to treat, and theres no profit in marketing it.  If I was Glaxo or SKB I'd be REALLY relieved that this treatment was illegal.

Fortunately if you live in the UK you can probably find it growing in your back garden at this time of year.  That's not illegal, just a sign from above Smiley

Flash

IP Logged
spanky
New Board Newbie

"...an ounce of perception, a pound of obscure."

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 13th, 2003, 7:42pm »

After almost 5 years chronic, I'm PF for the last 7 weeks using Nortriptyline, 75 mg nightly.  I haven't yet heard any (pos or neg)anecdotes from other cluster bangers.  Still so far, so good for me.

BUT..........if the Nortrip fails me, I'm not going to dose myself silly with all the pharmaceutical impedimenta.  I'm going shroomin.  Did it a few times recreationally in the 80's so there's no fear factor.  I have to admit, the success rate "appears" to be higher than all the other chemicals listed in the medication survey.

There's a lot to be said for what nature provides...

P.S. Hey Flash, cool icon!
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2003, 7:44pm by spanky » IP Logged

Wandering aimlessly through the quagmires of my own ineptitude...
Major_Headcase
New Board Veteran

« Reply #11 on: Oct 14th, 2003, 9:16am »

Svenn's "cocktail" has been working for me when a cycle hits; I'm on 240mg/day of Verapamil as a preventitive  ... but I must admit the testimonies here on the power of 'shrooms have me thinking about trying them ... especially since I'm between cycles now.  

Wish 'shrooms were legal, but I'm allergic to jails [I've had a really BAD reaction every time I go to one] ... (sigh)
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 14th, 2003, 9:58am »

Jail... well assuming you grow your own you have little to worry about.  OK there is the inital growing thing, but you're only breaking the law once the shrooms are ready to pick.  Prior to that they aren't shrooms and contain no active ingredient.  So the solution is that once they are ready - you pick them.

After picking chop them up and push the pieces into a bottle of spirits.  Assuming the DEA were to get fed up busting $1Bn shipments of coke and decide to go after your 4 home grown shrooms then they are unlikely to suss that the pieces are floating in a bottle of grog.

After a couple of days strain out the pieces and destroy them.  The booze now contains the psilocybin.  To all intents and purposes you are clean.  Just remember which bottle of spirits contains the good stuff.  Calculate the dose based on fresh shrooms per volume of spirit.

Provided you keep the bottle somewhere cool and dark it will remain effective for years.

So potentially you only need to be in negligible danger for a few hours every 5 years or so.

The jail excuse doesn't wash.

Flash

IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 15th, 2003, 10:49am »

on Oct 10th, 2003, 8:15am, tommyD wrote:
Best preventive I know of is psilocybin.

I had to answer this thread....everytime I read the topic thread I kept wanting to write.....condoms and a vodka martini!!   ;D
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
thomas

Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 15th, 2003, 12:27pm »

I don't know if this is going to work but, I'm going to try a seratonin re-uptake inhibitor with melatonin tonight.
IP Logged
hyperacktive

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 16th, 2003, 2:22am »

Unfortunately, I've yet to find anything that prevents the attacks from coming and I've tried almost all of the most common methods that are normally prescribed by a neuro. I've gotten so sick of traditional therapies and ingesting extremely dangerous drugs...I'm about ready to try the shrooms in between next or before the next cycle begins. Hopefully I can save whats left of my sanity and a boatload of money to boot.

Thanks Flash and to all those who have posted their findings on this subject.
IP Logged
Cooked Brain
New Board Old Timer
Netherlands 

a.k.a. Max Payne, YOUCH this hurts...

« Reply #16 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 6:22pm »

Ergotamine was ok but very heavy,

verapamil RULES

Cool
IP Logged

"We can NOT solve our problems with the same kind of thinking that got us IN to the problem in the first place" Albert Einstein
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 9:09pm »

Quote:
verapamil RULES

...but mushrooms... serve

...think about it....

n4
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Flash

Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 6:03pm »

We use such small doses that this isn't a problem.  If I slipped you my annual dose you'd be none the wiser.
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #19 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 6:33pm »

on Oct 8th, 2003, 5:53pm, Prense wrote:
My favorite preventative is one that works...I have yet to find that.   Angry

You & me both Prense!

IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Ueli

Email

« Reply #20 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 8:39pm »

on Oct 28th, 2003, 5:33pm, Cooked Brain wrote:
shrooms may help with CH but messes up other parts of your brain, it's about as heavy a drug you can get...

I wonder how you came to this opinion? Any reliable source for that?  confused2
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #21 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 11:39am »

Expert opinions I take on board.  Scientific fact I listen to.  Experience counts for plenty...

...but personal opinions count for Jack shit.

I have a decade of experience actually using this treatment to combat CH, and have prevented an estimated 17 episodes out of 20.  The scientists and medical experts adivse us that pslicybin used in the quantity and frequency is indisputably the least toxic CH treatment out there and that includes O2 and H2O!  The experiences of another 78 CH sufferers with case history of using the shrooms is unequivocable.

So you personal opinion counts for jack and your probably not fit to lace our tea.

Flash
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #22 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 11:59am »

on Oct 29th, 2003, 11:39am, Flash wrote:
Expert opinions I take on board.  Scientific fact I listen to.  Experience counts for plenty...

...but personal opinions count for Jack shit.

Well said Flash.  
It's hard for me to believe that more people won't try this with all the success stories that I've read.
It's THE most natural thing there is to fight CH's and I'll take that over all the pharmaceutical garbage any day.
For me, taking a little trip for a few hours several times a year is way better than sitting around waiting for the beast to show up and kick your ass.

Jim

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2003, 12:00pm by JDH » IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Cooked Brain
New Board Old Timer
Netherlands 

a.k.a. Max Payne, YOUCH this hurts...

« Reply #23 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 12:03pm »

sorry if i offended anyone i take my words back, glad that it worked so well for you hope it will keep doing just that
IP Logged

"We can NOT solve our problems with the same kind of thinking that got us IN to the problem in the first place" Albert Einstein
Nadia
New Board Newbie
Italy 

Zaira is my sister!

« Reply #24 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 12:05pm »

Lithium (900 mg) and Verapamil (480mg) regularly for my sister is the best combo. Nadia
IP Logged

Sometimes suffering can be a good teacher and can take out the best from ourselves... you are brave!

Greetings from Italy, Nadia Smiley
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss