Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 9:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « hello everyone i am back with some info »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   hello everyone i am back with some info
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hello everyone i am back with some info  (Read 380 times)
gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

52473361 52473361   gore2424   gore2424
Email

hello everyone i am back with some info
« on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello it has been only a year since i wrote not that i couldnt just no putor and i wasnt myself. on may 2002 i had a trigeminal rizotomy at mayo clinic up north.i was the 6th person my dr had done this operation me and another guy were the only two that headaches came back mine 3 months relief only and this operation being the cutting of the trigeminal on right side you cant fix it no reversing the operation so my right side of face will be numb rest of my life hardest part was learning to chew without bitting your tounge,lip,or inside cheek plus eye is numb so have to wash it out every 2 hours you are awake i am on a great couple of meds the main one the duragesic 100ug/h pain patch you wear 72 hours then change it and also of course depression meds.patch has helped me with the pain but so hard to be normal when so drugged you start with 25ug/h and go up to highest the 100 and i was lucky and on 1st appeal for disability i got.i am also alowed 1 shot of 10 mg of morphine a month in case and if need more have to go to ER but they no longer give out narcotics just hook IV up with 3 differend drugs which i dont remember and it did the trick i will post more and give the name of all the meds but when they wake you you go home so tired and out if it you sleep for a few days.speaking of tired i must go to bed just wanted to let others know what i been thur and if have any ?'s i will answer to the best i can do nite all and i leave with a poem i wrote two years ago when went chronic with cluster headaches
"Demon In My Head"
Crawling in my brain
This demon he causes me pain
Pain is all i feel
Confusing thoughts are real
Pounding inside my head
The deamon never goes to bed
He hammers and hammers all nite
Makes me want to run take flight
I will refuse to lose this fight
I will not lose the war but tonite
The demon hammers as i pace and cry
But better to be in pain than to die
Terry Lee Gordon copyright Oct 2000
IP Logged

what the hamsalad was that ¿?¿
I said your hair looks nice Ü
ClstrHeadSupport
New Board Junior
USA 

Supporter of my Cluster Head, Stephen Pope.

PopeFamily_430  
WWW Email

Re: hello everyone i am back with some info
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 3:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just curious, does the patch help you with the pain from your Cluster Headaches?  What is it called?
IP Logged

Sara Pope
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 3:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Terry, thanks for sharing your experience with us.  

Lee  
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2003, 3:16pm by forgetful » IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 3:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

CLS, duragesic 100ug/h pain patch  

Lee
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss