Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Zomig Tablets - OH MY! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Zomig Tablets - OH MY!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zomig Tablets - OH MY!  (Read 386 times)
Hai
New Board Newbie
USA 

You Only Have One Life to Live - Why Not Try IT!

Email

Zomig Tablets - OH MY!
« on: Oct 21st, 2003, 3:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I hope this stuff works for some of you people out there, but I decided to share my expierience. I am new to this board and took some advice to see a Neuro. The doctor gave me Zomig tablets (the swallow kind) as my abortive. I still had 2 Imitrex nasal sprays left from the last visit to the emergency room, so I decided to finish those off (as needed) before I used the Zomig for my daily CA.

Last night/morning I woke up with my CA. I was in the early pain stages. I popped one 5mg tablet of Zomig, then took my little walk around the living room waiting for it to kick in.  IT NEVER DID!!!

Wow, and incrediable headache that was, felt like I was going to pass out from the pain. Anyhow I made it through, and afterwards had the worst feeling of chest tightness, breathing ...etc. Now this is to be expected with Imitrex, but it was x2 with Zomig.  I just got home from the emergency room, with 4 doses of Imitrex injections until I see my doc in 2 days. I did not have the luxury of trying the melt in your mouth version of the drug, but I do not see the swallow pills as a solution for cluster aborts.

Anyone have something good to say about this drug? I am curious.

Thanks,

Larry
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Zomig Tablets - OH MY!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 12:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just tried them this last week.  They work for me.  I have had good luck with zomig, imitrex, and amerge for abortives.
IP Logged
Hai
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 4:28pm »

Thanks for the reply Thomas. Curious.  Did you take the tablet version of Zomig, or the Melt under your tongue version. How many MG? I was also wondering how long it took for the Zomig to abort the CA?

Thanks again for the reply!

Larry
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 5:25pm »

Tablet, not sure of the mg.  I didn't pay attention.  I'll let you know tomorrow.  It takes about 20 min to abort.
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 7:17pm »

No experience with zomig here, but the injections kill my attacks in 10 minutes or so.  I get no side effects (at first, I got some minor throat tightness) and I can press on working or whatever I was doing prior to the attack.  For me, it has been a perfect, abortive.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:27pm »

I've tried Zomig, and it doesn't work for me.  Dr. Bigal stated at the convention that the melts don't work any faster....in fact slower....than the tablets.  They are just made to take when there is no water available.

I use the trex injections, 1/3 of a shot per ch.  Works like a charm..... Grin  Have you tried 02?
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:29pm by Roxy » IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Hai
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 1:32am »

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried 02 a Looooong time ago when I was like 19, and then it was a simple 2 tube up the nose trick. It did not work. I believe reading here, that for 02 to work correctly you need a full blown mask. I will be asking my Doc tommorow about it. TREX injections are good, but gosh damn the heart attack feeling it gives you is 2 much. I already suffer from panic attacks, so that does not help one bit.

As for Zomig. I am glad the pills do work for some people in a short amount of time, my doctor was on the money then as expected.

Larry
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:09pm »

5mg.
IP Logged
Hai
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:39pm »

Gracious,

That seems the standard dose for Zomig tabs, and from how I was prescribed you can only take 3 doses in a 1 week period.

Hrmmm

Thanks Again

Larry
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:48pm »

My script says take one at onset of ha and if necessary another in 60-90 mins.
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 5:37pm »

Zomig was the first triptan I ever received, and it worked. I just got another approval from my HMO for 63 (!) per month....2.5mg. They work 90% of the time, if  catch it early enough...another in an hour or two does not seem to help. I still fall back on Imitrex injection for the worst. I have no side effects from either of the above but I have taken Imitrex pills, 50mg I think it was and experienced some of the side effects you derscribe, so bad I do not want Trex pills.

Try the 2.5mg, they seem to work well for me, usually.

PFDAN's
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss