Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 6:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « wellbutrin/zyban cure? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   wellbutrin/zyban cure?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: wellbutrin/zyban cure?  (Read 521 times)
goway
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

wellbutrin/zyban cure?
« on: Nov 18th, 2003, 10:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know there isn't actually a great cure.  I had suffered for 16 years.  Every February to August, everyday, all day.  Like all sufferers.  I took wellbutrin(covered by drug plans) zyban( not covered) to quit smoking.  I still smoke, and drink coffee too!  But I have not had a full blown cluster headache in almost 2 years!!  This connection was recently made by my chiro...bless him!  It is not a miracle, now I get "ordinary" migraines when the weather changes and lots of tension headaches and apparently I have fibro so other "non-specific" headaches and then just regular day to day headaches.  The good thing is that except from the migraines ( 5-10 per year) all my headaches are controlled with just tylenol.
Anyway just in case the link is the drug I wanted you all to know!
Good luck
suzq
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: wellbutrin/zyban cure?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 11:34pm »

I tried that Zyban (to stop smoking) and it made a nervous wreck out of me.  

I'll never touch that stuff again.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 12:06am »

..........and the Wellbutrin, has been known to cause a rise in the liver enzymes.  Taken for too long, it can cause liver damage.

Not that I'm a dr.......but it happened to my sister when she took it to help stop smoking.

Maybe it doesn't affect everyone that way, but it sure scared the hell outta her!

Glad to know that you have your CH under control.

Lotz of pf vibes to ya, Suzq      

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 8:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Makes me shake like a dog sh!tting razor blades.
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 9:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Susq

I posted on this last week. Coincidence maybe, but I started taking Zyban at a time when I was shadowing badly and would normally expect one of my seasonal episodes to start. Not only did it not start but the shadows ceased.

Didn't give up bloody smoking though!

Wendy
IP Logged
tbone
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 8:24pm »

I was on Effexor during my last cycle (this time last year) and it seemed reduce the severity but not get rid of them. I'm off it now and I'm entering another cycle so I'll keep you posted.
IP Logged
Miklos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21st, 2003, 5:41pm »

Just don't accidentally overdose as I did. I took my daily dose twice and wound up totally paranoid. Sat in a chair from 3:00 to 8:00 PM. I literally could not make myself get up to do anything. Should not have been allowed to drive myself home from work either.
IP Logged

Don't be offended by my frank analysis. Think of it as personality dialysis.
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Different strokes....Re: wellbutrin/zyban cure?
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21st, 2003, 10:46pm »

...my CH doc in Montana gave me Wellbutrin when I told her that Zoloft *zombied* me out....(which I was taking for anxiety and depression).... I'm thinking *they* should put it in the water... and I too, took too much Wellbutrin once and got a strange reaction: felt trembly all over and kinda nauseated. Still smoke but sometimes go several hours without thinkin' about lightin' up....

...does it help *my* MOFO? ..... too many variables in the recipe.... but I do NOT take preventatives--only o2 to abort (or Imitrex for 10's)--the odd fungi--and I'm PF for over a year...

YMMV....notfer
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22nd, 2003, 8:35am »

I was told by the doc that serotonin was affected by most tranqualizers.  Perhaps this is why you had relief? (floridian, help me out here).  You might have good results with a melatonin suppliment @9mg before bedtime.

I've taken wellbutrin in the past with little or no adverse reactions--still smoke.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss