Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 7:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « buying treatments online or at the drug store? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   buying treatments online or at the drug store?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: buying treatments online or at the drug store?  (Read 530 times)
headhurtz
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

buying treatments online or at the drug store?
« on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 3:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

Am I alone in not buying treatments online?  Has anyone here bought treatments online?  If so, which ones?  Would you be willing to buy online again?

I am an old fogy and have not learned much about the internet.  I figured everything I need is in the pharmacy but maybe I am mistaken.

Thanks

IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: buying treatments online or at the drug store?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 3:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

No, wont even consider it.  I only buy stuff at the pharmacy or GNC or Vitamin world.
IP Logged
headhurtz
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 3:26pm »

so no herbal stuff or anything?  What about stuff like massagers or cold masks?
IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 3:27pm »

I bought on-line once. Luckily the Credit Card companies have a refund policy for when one is defrauded - as I was.

Never again.

Also, they put you on spam-lists and sell the CD's to other spammers. Beware.
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
thomas

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 3:29pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2003, 3:26pm, headhurtz wrote:
so no herbal stuff or anything?  What about stuff like massagers or cold masks?

I can get herbals at natural food stores.  I use my hands as massagers - they work the best - IMHO.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 10:18pm »

My brother and I have both used www.LePharmacy.com, in Canada, for two-years. They have been ethical, given good service.

We getting main line Rx meds.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
jflynn
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Online shopping is the best
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 11:41am »

Well, I suppose someone needs to buy retail to keep the retailers in business.  It sure ain't me; I buy anything and everything I can online to save money and also for convenience.

Wife and I have bene shopping online for years and never a single problem.  You do have to be smart about it, though, and have sufficient firewall and trojan/keylogger protection installed on your computer.  I'm a techie so no problem.  My parents are afraid to shop online, their loss.

If you're still afraid there are credit card providers who will give you single-use credit card numbers that you fund like an ATM card.  It's actually safer shopping online than using your credit card at a normal store since online only a cpouple people have access to yoru number, while in a store any minimum wage bozo who works there can steal your number.  Think about that.

And no, I don't get spammed for online shopping.  Maybe the scam companies do it.
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #7 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 12:28pm »

I have bought medications online when I didn't have insurance.  A year or so ago Verapamil 240mg was cheapest at drugstore.com, which is really Rite Aid, a national pharmacy.  90 tablets were about $25.00.  (They still are.)  That might even be cheaper than the co-pay with some insurance plans.

Since prices are so high in New York, I buy all sorts of things online to save money.  Even if there is postage it is usually less than the sales tax would have been.  Cigarettes at under $10.00 a carton (they're $75.00 a carton here), savings bonds, books, movies, computers, clothes, bed linens, shoes, watches, furniture, long distance service, you name it, I've bought it online.  My bank has no physical locations.  Even the bulk of my groceries are purchased over the internet.  

For several years I've done most of my Christmas shopping online.  That way I don't even have to package gifts and then go to the Post Office and wait in line to mail them.

I would agree with jflynn that using a credit card online is safer than using it in a physical store.
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
headhurtz
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 8:50pm »

wow.  I guess I should at least look into it.  My medicine is covered by insurance but maybe I should look for other things online.  I've always thought a new massager might help  Smiley
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 9:27pm »

Hey, drugstore.com even has $10.00 off your first prescription.  I had forgotten about that....
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
jonny

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 9:52pm »

on Dec 24th, 2003, 9:27pm, t_h_b wrote:
Hey, drugstore.com even has $10.00 off your first prescription.  I had forgotten about that....

Do you work for them?....honest question.

...................................jonny
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Dec 24th, 2003, 10:55pm »

No, Jonny!  I promise I don't.  I work for an HMO.  

I bought my verapamil at drugstore.com because it was the cheapest place to buy it.  I just found that it was cheaper than any of the local or online pharmacies (even Canadian ones).  Other drugs may be more expensive there;  I haven't checked.  I shop around before buying anything to get the best price.  Try this:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=verapamil+240&btnG=Search+Froogl e

Costco.com has big jars of citrucel cheap, even with the postage, if the verapamil constipates you.

I've bought big boxes of condoms on drugstore.com on sale for 25% of what they cost at the drugstores around here, too.

Best bargains online are on cigarettes from Indian reservations.
IP Logged

thomas

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 30th, 2003, 3:10pm »

on Dec 24th, 2003, 10:55pm, t_h_b wrote:

I've bought big boxes of condoms on drugstore.com on sale for 25% 

TMFI man. laugh
IP Logged
jflynn
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: Dec 30th, 2003, 3:33pm »

After you buy your condoms online you can even arrange for a callgirl online: www.eros.com

DotComGuy in Dallas didn't leave his house for a whiole year getting everything he needed online.  It isn't the Nineties anymore...
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #14 on: Dec 30th, 2003, 8:39pm »

I've never bought meds online but I buy just about everything else online and never had a problem with credit card fraud.

I've shopped at ebay, overstock.com, amazon.com, nordstrom.com, qvc.com, drugstore.com, etc...I've been doing all my Christmas shopping online for about 5 years now.  Love it!  Overstock.com is great (just discovered them recently), purchased really nice sheets & a duvet cover for the bed for an awesome price.  Just my .02...
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Jan 14th, 2004, 6:33pm »

On the general board in a thread about drug markups someone pointed out that Costco and Walmart have cheap prices on drugs, too.  Costco has at least some of their drug prices listed online at www.costco.com under pharmacy.

Bottom line is when you're paying out of pocket you should shop around online and/or by telephone.  Even if you're insured, some cheap drugs may cost less to buy than a high co-pay would be.
IP Logged

EvertBoer
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 1:16pm »

I also use drugstore.com online because the imitrex is about 70 dollars cheaper than I can get at the drugstore. You have to plan in advance to make sure you get the stuff in time, of course. When traveling, they can transfer to the local Rite-aid (at the local Rite-aid price only), then you can transfer it right back to the online pharmacy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss