Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 8:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Headahe glove »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Headahe glove
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Headahe glove  (Read 3728 times)
Nimbus
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Headahe glove
« on: Dec 28th, 2003, 10:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I did a typo and get to www.clusterheadache.com.  

They advertise this product:
http://www.headacheglove.com/

Look like cat nip to me.  Can't help but have a big laugh.
I mean, seriously, how can they sell such crap?

If I could find a reason, I would sue them, make a million and fund research on CH
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

Re: Headahe glove
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 10:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

W.C. Fields said "there is a sucker born every minute".

I particularly liked the money back guarantee, -20% restocking plus you pay for shipping both ways. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Lee
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2003, 10:27pm by forgetful » IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 2:25am »

I just had to check out that website to see what it was.  I had a very bad acupuncturist try to massage the living daylight out of that "trigger point spot."  It didn't help.  So I just pinched that spot again to see if the trigger point was still there.  And now my hand hurts!  Blasted!  Maybe the point of the little headache glovie thing is to pump it up till your hand hurts as bad as your head thus diverting the attention some.  LMAO!
IP Logged

ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 5:10am »

This is not meant for us, Nimbus.

Didn't you see,  this is about very bad headaches... "headaches that even an aspirin sometimes does not make go away"...

Oh, poor people... Even the aspirin fails...

If it wasn't a ploy to do people out of their money it would be a hoot.
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
HannahFroukje
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

Let's try and find some ANSWERS!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 12:41pm »

I think such a glove would mostly be about an acupuncture point named "colon 4", it's a "masterpoint" for headaches. When you go to an acupuncturist with headaches you will almost always get a needle in that point, which lies between the thumb and the pointing finger.

It seems, that some migraineers can prevent a migraine from coming up by massaging this point whenever they feel a "lump" devolope there. I've heard that from  friends more then once. Now acupuncture makes sense to me, and I've been helped with acupuncture myself (I'm no CH-head), so we tried it too, since Jos (he has CH) has migraines, but it didn't help us. He actually had the lump when he has migraine, but massaging it just didn't help. And we tried it too on his clusterheadaches, didn't help then either. I think the problem is just beyond regulating when the attacks start.

IP Logged
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 4:46pm »

on Dec 29th, 2003, 12:41pm, HannahFroukje wrote:
I think such a glove would mostly be about an acupuncture point named "colon 4", it's a "masterpoint" for headaches. When you go to an acupuncturist with headaches you will almost always get a needle in that point, which lies between the thumb and the pointing finger.

In one of the million things done to me before I was diag. with CH. I had a acupuncturist do this to me. It did not help and cost me a lot of money and time Tongue

Gena
IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 5:33pm »

Right up there with my special headache earrings, that stimulate a nerve in the cup of the ear to supposedly treat head and neck pain. I still have them, my $80 reminder to never try something like this again...
IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Nimbus
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 5:50pm »

Lol hdbngr!
Yeah....  God I know what you're talking about!
And usually this stuff don't come cheap!
Now if I could only find a genuine piece of the Jesus wooden cross for sale...
IP Logged
hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 6:21pm »

Eeek, I know! I don't consider myself a gullable person but in the quest for a cure, or even relief, it's amazing what starts to sound like a good idea.

Hey, anybody want to buy a pair of headache earrings? Suitable for men and women, your ears don't have to be peirced to wear them, and they are a fashionable silver plate...(just kidding)

Let's see: We have the:

Hindu belly button rub (herb that is supposed to cure CH)

Lemon slice across the forehead (amazing migraine cure)

Chocolate and coffee slam

avoid the Liquid Paper trick

Check car for carbon monoxide leakage

Acupuncture

The CH diet

Any other crazy things out there anyone has tried in their quest for a cure?

IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Nimbus
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 7:26pm »

Lemme see....

Bone setter (you know, they guy who's like a chiro)

Some kind of funny diet made by a dietetist where you cannot eat anything that is fun to eat and a lot of toffu and vitamin pills.

Some kind of mushroom therapy : the mushroom is in water and turn the water in something amber then you drink it.  Taste not too bad.  The name is something along the line of Combusha...

An electomagnetic device that you put in your shoe (I'm not really proud of this one)

An electromagnetic mask for the eyes  

Please note that everytime I tried something like these I was in a CH cycle, weak and easy to abuse.

Now I'm done with all the gizmo.
IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #10 on: Jan 2nd, 2004, 5:40am »

That's all very nice, the stuff about the pressure point, but what struck me  is, that the makers and sellers haven't a clue about cluster headaches or even migraines....

They are talking about headaches an aspirin won't touch.

They are very much out of touch with headache reality! Seeing such a lack of knowledge, I  could not trust their products.
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
HannahFroukje
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

Let's try and find some ANSWERS!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 2nd, 2004, 6:56am »

An acupuncturist wouldn't be really interested if ones problem is a migraine or a cluster headache, or a tension headache. It's a different way of approaching things, you can't compare the approach to regular medicine. We are pretty much used to going to a doctor and saying "I've got this problem, fix it", but that's not the way an acupuncturist works ( I bring this up because I'm pretty sure the headache glove is based on principles of acupuncture).  

So what I was trying to say was that an acupuncturist will use certain "masterpoints" for any problem in the head, be it cluster headache or migraine or tension headache. One of these "masterpoints" for the head is on your hand. They will use this point, NOT because they think the problem is the same, but because the energy flow should be directed in a certain manner. In clusterheadache they would take other additional points beside this one masterpoint, and these points could be different in any other person.

This explanation stands aside from how I feel myself about acupuncture and clusterheadache, in fact I think acupuncture is more useful in migraines then in clusterheadcache. And I think to balance a body in clusterheadache you need a hell of a lot more then just influencing ONE simple point. For migraines or normal headaches ... perhaps.

I'm just explaining the principal now.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2004, 6:58am by HannahFroukje » IP Logged
fjleonard
New Board Newbie
USA 

Still lookin' for relief!!

fjleonard2000  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 1:44am »

Although I am inclined to ridicule the glove myself (as well as all the other "fix's)....I have to remind myself of the desperation of an exhausted sufferer....reaching out for ANYTHING to help!!! I then have to ask myself about the thinking of the very first folks to try shrooms!!!??

Anyhow....just musing.....and waiting to do my first maintenance dose....then maybe I can throw away all my "gloves"!! <grin>

Joe
IP Logged
CC

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 12:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Don't get me wrong, I agree it more than likely is a scam!  But you people are very quick to critisize everything. Who knows, maybe it would work for some people!! I think we are all wrapped up in thinking that nothing is going to help us that we quickly shoot down anything new that come up that claims to help headaches!!  I rub tiger balm on my temples for example. It helps ease the pain once in a while, weather it be a mental thing or if it is really doing something, it helps! Now if i had my own web site and posted that information on there, I would be the laughing stock of this board!  I just don't agree with how everyone here is so quick to shoot everything down!

Sorry if i offended anyone!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss