Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 2:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ice Pack »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ice Pack
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ice Pack  (Read 825 times)
toader
New Board Veteran
USA 

there were fireworks on mars

Ice Pack
« on: Dec 31st, 2003, 10:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Oftentimes between attacks I have what would otherwise be a very "bad headache" and a hot head which I treat with an ice pack.  It seems to come and go in cycles.  I'll go a couple of days with an ice pack under the south side of my cap (I'm a left brain sufferer) day and night and then a couple of days without one.  Of course the rest of my brain is numb, but numb is good.

Just curious if anyone else has this nagging pain and hotness that doesn't go away?  I brought it up with my neuro and she said its ok to go nuts with the ice packs.  O2 only seems to make the hotness worse btw.
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: Ice Pack
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31st, 2003, 11:11pm »

I only have that problem during an attack.
The ice paks work very well for me during a CH.

I have to have one for my eye and temple area, and one for my neck.

But I have never needed this between ha's.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
hunterdon04
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 10:02am »

ice is really the only thing that works during an attack...i get mine above and around my left eye as well...sometimes my skull is so sensetive i cant put ice on it or even touch it...sometimes i have residual pain on the left side of my head for hours after the attack has gone and the ice or cold towel brings down the pain...god i hate these things...i mean i hate them beyond beleif...peace
IP Logged

i wont surrender, well not this minute anyway
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 10:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yeah,  hot eye, hot head, twitching eye,  all happen during a cycle, with headache or without a headache sometimes.
IP Logged
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 1:34pm »

Sounds like those cranial vessels of yours are staying open larger than is normal even between attacks. Perhaps they're half again normal size which would account for the heat from your warm blood but not be large enough to press on the nerve.

I have a *mock* ice pack that I use during an attack. My headboard is brass and stays reeeeeal cold. It's got vertical slats and more than once I liken it to being in jail. Just put my right temple on the cold slat and squeeze the adjoining ones. Managed to actually chuckle during an attack from the ridiculousness of it all.  

Just speculating but maybe an aspirin could help? Thins the blood.

pfdan friends
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
MillieMoer
New Board Newbie
USA 

do the possible-leave the impossible to God

MillieMoer   Ponotions1
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 3:01pm »

me and ice packs have become well aquainted...they dont take away the pain or stop the Ch...but they help to numb the area enuff for me not to want to cut my head off.....O2 helps as long as i am using it, but the second i take off the mask ...its back...I;m still new to treating my CH thing.....I just found out from neuro not too long ago that its not just in my head...well it is actually...LOL  you know what i mean....LMAO
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss