Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 7:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Light therapy »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Light therapy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Light therapy  (Read 3957 times)
Stevieray
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Light therapy
« on: Jan 9th, 2004, 8:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have read that CHs can be linked with the changes of the seasons. My first experience was 10 years ago and it happened at the end of winter when there was more sunlight happening. Now I got them just before Christmas when thee is less sunlight. I am definitly solar powered and really miss the sunlight in the winter and cannot wait until it comes back in spring. I even went to the tanning booths for extra light and to help with my psoriasis that I get only in winter. As soon as sunlight gets on my skin it clears up and my mood changes. I wonder if a light box would help. I ask all these questions because a lot of suffers live down south where there is no winter to speak of and sunlight is almost a daily occurance. I live in B.C.Canada and although i live in a "resort" town we get 5 months of winter. Can't wait till April!!
IP Logged
henzey
New Board Junior
USA 

civics queen who beats the beast most of the time

Re: Light therapy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 9:28am »

Hello, I live in the South (North Carolina) where we do still get quite a bit of sun in the winter.  A friend of mine here who gets clusters did have some success with light therapy for depression but it did NOT help his clusters much, if at all. Like you, my episodes seem to come as seasons change, but have not yet seen a link to changes in light levels because I also get them when light is on the increase.  Maybe you will be different!
IP Logged

civics queen CHead
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 2:29pm »

My old boss at work put in special lights above my desk and I got a lamp for my room.
DID NOTHING
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
Stevieray
New Board Newbie
Canada 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2004, 2:07pm »

I figured that light would not help much in the southern parts of the country where you have way mor sunshine than we have above the 49th. I traveled to the coast just before Christmas. The trip took me over mountain passes that were over 7,000 ft. then down to sea level. The weather was clear and sunny and when I arrived at the coast the weather was sunny and warm for 2 days, a far cry from the snow and cold I had left behind.  During this time I did not have any headcaches. After the 2 days of sun which I was out in for long peeriods of time the weather changed to cloudy and wet and the CHs returned.  I have only had one PF day since then (yesterday)  so I was wondring if the bright sunny days had an affest on me. I am almost possative I suffer from SAD although I have never asked my Doc if I am and have not been tested for it, Also, I have Restless leg syndrom which I have heard can be connected to CHs, why or how I do not know. I have also found that sleeping with a bar of soap, yes... soap! between my legs really helps curb the twitching of my legs, I read this in a magazine somewhere and although I thought it to be odd I gave it a try and it worked! Go figure.  I have the RLS most of the time anyway even during the years that I didn't have CHs. Now if it would only work on CHs!
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 3:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
I have also found that sleeping with a bar of soap, yes... soap! between my legs really helps curb the twitching of my legs,

I find a small pillow between the knees works well.  It also prevents the burning pain and watering I would get in the morning from having soap on my hands and rubbing my eyes.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 4:46pm »

Click on the link below.

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/29756.html
Rick  11-16-99, Full Spectrum Light
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss