Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 12:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Another thread about shrooms.(Update) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Another thread about shrooms.(Update)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Another thread about shrooms.(Update)  (Read 1830 times)
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

sing sweet songs to rock my soul

Re: Another thread about shrooms....
« Reply #25 on: Jan 19th, 2004, 11:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hope things continue to improve for you Virginia!!!!

So, could you watch the game without laughing to hard?
Hope you are not a Philly fan Cry, that would have made for a bad trip!  

((((((Good Shroomy Vibes)))))) being sent!
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

Re: Another thread about shrooms.(Update)
« Reply #26 on: Jan 21st, 2004, 1:31pm »

Well, here's my update:

Right after I sent email to Pink yesterday letting him know that I was doing pretty good and that the hits that I had had were shorter & less intense than usual.....I got HIT HARD!

I got hit at 3:15 yesterday afternoon and had to leave my office in tears.  Luckily, I only live a mile away so I raced home and hit the oxygen.
Got hit hard again at 4:45, hit the oxygen again.  Note to self: it's very difficult to suck in oxygen while you're balling your eyes out.
Took some motrin around 5pm.  Got hit again at 10pm, hit the oxygen for 15 mins and then went to bed.
Woke up this morning at 4am (as usual) with a shadow.  Took some motrin, went back to sleep.

Oh, I also started taking a B-complex vitamin yesterday (with Vit C).  I guess I need to get some magnesium too.  Any idea how much?

I know you guys told me to expect this so I'm just going with the flow here.  I plan to dose again on Friday night.
I did not get that "draining" feeling in my head the first time I dosed.  So I will try 1.2 on Friday.

Flounder- I watched the first game before I dosed on Sunday but wound up watching "Shrek" while dosing which was quite amusing.  It's a good thing I didn't watch that Philly game because I would've been depressed.  I'm a Donovan McNabb fan (sorry Roxy).  Grin

V.
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 21st, 2004, 4:23pm »

on Jan 21st, 2004, 1:31pm, 9erfan wrote:
I guess I need to get some magnesium too.  Any idea how much?
V.

Suggestions range from 200mg to 400mg per day.

Happy to see the absence of Imitrex in your report. Continue to hang tough a little longer and you'll reap the benefits.

PF
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #28 on: Jan 21st, 2004, 4:31pm »

Ok, I'll pick up some Magnesum after work today. I swear I've spent SO much money at the drugstore in the last couple of months.

No need to worry about me hittin the 'trex.  I tried all forms (pills, nasal spray, and shots) a few months back and none worked for me.

I am on 480 mg of Verap (240 2x a day), is that a problem?  I am starting to ween off the Verap this week because it didn't work either.

Last Friday the Dr gave me a scrip for Topomax but I'm not getting it filled until I ride out this experiment.

Hangin on.

V.
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:13am »

Good luck Virginia,
Been looking forward to your updates, and PF vibes are going up to ya!
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
magman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:07pm »

Being new here, and having reading since 5AM this morning, I thought i would take the easy way on this one...

How can one get started on shrooms? So you need to start from spores and go thru the grow process, knnow someone that has a supply on hand, or can they be procured - ready for use?

Peace,
357Mag
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:23pm »

Go here 357:
  www.clusterbusters.com

IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #32 on: Jan 26th, 2004, 1:13pm »

Well, where do I begin???  HELPPPPP!!!!  

My plan for last Friday was to dose again at 8pm Friday night with 1.2 grams.  I was going to eat the same non-fat meal I ate last time at 6pm.
Well, things didn't go as planned.  I had to call in sick to work on Friday because my head was killing me all morning.  I tried to go into work around noon but got hit hard again and decided not to.  By 3:30 I couldn't take it anymore and decided not to wait until the evening before I dosed.  I had eaten lunch at 1:30, it was a turkey & swiss sandwich (too much fat??? I don't know), mustard, no mayo.
So I did my tea exactly the same (except with 1.2) and drank it at 4pm.  Between 4 & 5 all I did was cry because my head was hurting so bad.  Between 5 & 6pm I was "ok", could still feel pain but it wasn't as bad.  I didn't have any visual disturbances when my eyes were opened but when I closed my eyes it was like I was seeing a whole movie playing out in my head.  I definitely didn't feel giggly at all.
At 6pm I got hit hard again and was balling my eyes out.
This "trip" was shorter than the first one and over by 7pm.  I don't know if the shrooms are old now, or if I did something wrong or what.
I never got that "draining" feeling that I'm suppose to get.  And I know exactly what it is suppose to feel like because I use to get that draining feeling back when I was episodic and the episode would come to an end.  IT WAS THE BEST FEELING!!

I didn't get any more bad hits after the 6 pm hit but Sat I was hung over ALL day and I pretty much had the dull shadows all day.  I determined that I can only do these things on the weekend because of the long hangover that I get the next day.

So I'm not sure what to do next.....I only have .6 grams left from my supply.  I'm scared that I'm going to break and go get my Topomax scrip filled.....getting desperate.....any suggestions from the experts?

Thanks!
Virginia
IP Logged

jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

« Reply #33 on: Jan 26th, 2004, 2:42pm »

Don't give up yet Virginia as it seems things will get worse before they get better. Just a couple of ideas / points.

1. Not everyone gets that draining feeling. I have experienced it as have several others but not all. Do not count on having that feeling as a sign of things getting better.

2. Dull shadows for an entire day is actually a good sign as many have reported this (I have experienced it) after a dose that has actually made some headway.

3. You are running low and unfortunatly this may be too late for you unless you can obtain some more BUT we have been seeing an increased rate of success for those who brew some tea and just drink a litttle bit daily. What we hope is this will prove to be an effective way to beat the beast back without hitting the higher levels of dosing. I cannot stand the feeling of higher doses and have always had to plan around weekends also.

4. Keep a detailed log of when and how hard you get hit. This will help you clearly see patterns of relief developing which should in turn keep you off trex (NO TREX...NO TREX!!)

Good luck, I am sure some others will have some advice for you also.

jmin
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 27th, 2004, 12:31am »

on Jan 26th, 2004, 1:13pm, 9erfan wrote:
Well, where do I begin???  HELPPPPP!!!!  

Virginia

Hi Virginia,
You didn't mention how things went on Sunday or how things are going today/tonite.
I'd stay positive and stay on the same program you've been following. Did you try the red bull and excedrin on saturday? The saturday reaction, although not pleasant is a sign that things are working, as jmin stated.

Everything Jmin said is right on..
I'd make up some tea with what you have left and see when you might need it. The log is a good idea and these next two days are actually the ones that will give you the best reference of how it's working.
Hey, if *I* can be optomistic, being a Bear fan, it should be easy for you.  Wink

PF
IP Logged

[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #35 on: Jan 27th, 2004, 7:25pm »

OK, here's the latest.  I know that this stuff "changes" my headaches....

Sunday was basically just shadowing all day (small shadows) and no big hits.  I did feel well enough to get out of the house and go get a manicure, pedicure, and the eyebrows waxed (I needed some girly pampering).
Sunday night/monday morning got hit with the 4am h/a (my usual) but it wasn't very bad at all.
Monday was about the same as Sunday, small shadows throughout the day and no big hits.
Monday night, woke up around 3am to go to the bathroom and I was doing that little sanity check where you lay there going "ok, is one coming on....do I feel something there in the background about to materialize?....".  There was a little something there but it never did materialize!  YAY!!
Got hit with about a 6 this morning at 8:45.  It didn't last long at all.
I just came out of a meeting where I got hit with a 7 at 2:45.  It took a full hour to go away.

That's my status right now.  With only .6 grams left, is that really enough to make a batch of tea with?  Do I make it the same way that I make the other tea?  How much water do I need?

Thanks,
V.
IP Logged

eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jan 27th, 2004, 7:56pm »

Quote:
Do I make it the same way that I make the other tea?  How much water do I need?

I don't know what you did last time, but theoretically, the amount of water should be irrelevant if you will be taking the dose as a total dose (drink the whole thing).  Of course I'm not accounting for any practical changes that may occur during preparation... this is purely theoretical.  So basically, if you're taking it as a whole dose, you should be able to use the same amount of water as before.  

If you will be splitting the tea (like saving some for later) then the amount of water will be very important in determining the strength of dose.  If taken this way, the tea is a homogenous solution of a specified concentration to be divided in portions.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #37 on: Jan 27th, 2004, 8:56pm »

on Jan 27th, 2004, 7:56pm, eyes_afire wrote:

If taken this way, the tea is a homogenous solution of a specified concentration to be divided in portions.

--- Steve

Huh??  I knew I should've finished college!

I was talking about if I were to try it the way jm suggested by making a tea to store in the frig and sipping a little each day.  Wasn't sure that I have enough to make a "batch".

V.
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: Jan 28th, 2004, 12:51am »

on Jan 27th, 2004, 8:56pm, 9erfan wrote:

I was talking about if I were to try it the way jm suggested by making a tea to store in the frig and sipping a little each day.  Wasn't sure that I have enough to make a "batch".

V.

Hi Virginia,
It sounds like you've made some progress!!! Don't worry about that one misplaced "7" this afternoon. Until you break the cycle you may get one now and then. Thats why its important to keep that journal so you can compare "days."

Since you have that .6g left, I'd make the tea, in 1.5 cup of water..(the two step method where you start with one cup, resoak in a half-cup and add together to make sure you get ALL the psilocybin.

Its been over 4 days already since your last dose. Keep the tea handy now, in case you notice that things are beginning to ramp UP instead of continuing to improve.
No one has quantified their "sips" yet and everyone is a little different anyways, so, I have a feeling that .3g is close to the size of their sips...(LOL..is this scientific or what?)...or they would have classified their sips as the larger...GULP.

So, make your tea and you will have two doses at your disposal.

Keep up the good work!!!  Grin

PF
IP Logged

[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #39 on: Jan 28th, 2004, 3:07pm »

on Jan 28th, 2004, 12:51am, Pinkfloyd wrote:

Since you have that .6g left, I'd make the tea, in 1.5 cup of water..(the two step method where you start with one cup, resoak in a half-cup and add together to make sure you get ALL the psilocybin.

PF

Is this on the clusterbuster site?

Thanks PF
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Jan 28th, 2004, 3:16pm »

on Jan 28th, 2004, 3:07pm, 9erfan wrote:

Is this on the clusterbuster site?

Thanks PF

It's linked from there....but for easy reference..

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages2/110213.html

PF
IP Logged

[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #41 on: Jan 31st, 2004, 9:13pm »

I'm back again.  It's been an interesting week.

Basically, I had 1 really bad headache every day around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.  I was still waking up once in the middle of the night but it would be with a really small shadow and then I would be able to go back to sleep.
So last night I did the rest of the shrooms (never got around to making the "batch" of tea & sipping).  It had been 7 days since I last dosed. There was only .6 grams left.  I really didn't feel anything at all after drinking the tea.  And I wound up going to sleep about an hour & 1/2 after drinking the tea.
I did have that ugly, groggy, hungover feeling again today so I stayed in bed until 11.
I've had 1 really bad h/a today at around 4pm.  Other than that, a few shadows.  I may have to dose 1 or 2 more times to knock this thing completely out.  Huh

That's the latest...
V.
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 2:25am »

You didn't mention the need for any Imitrex or ER visits in the last 7 days so I'm assuming that overall, things are still improving and you've been able to increase the time between doses. This last dose may do the trick but you won't know for a few days.  

Are you still trying to combat that "day after" problem with a couple excedrin and a Red Bull? Still on the B vitamins every day?

Hope things continue to improve for you.

PF
IP Logged

[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #43 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 7:33pm »

HI Pink,

No, I don't use Imitrex.  A few months ago I tried the shots, the nasal spray, and the pills (at different times) and none of them worked for me and each time I tried them I got hit with a horrendous REBOUND h/a so I don't use it at all now.

I don't waste my time with ER visits either....they never give me anything that helps.

Had 1 bad hit today at 3pm.  And yes, still using the Red Bull & Execedrin for the "day after".

I'll keep you posted on how this week goes.

Thanks,
Virginia
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss