Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 6:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Too good to be true? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Too good to be true?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Too good to be true?  (Read 667 times)
Stevieray
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Too good to be true?
« on: Jan 18th, 2004, 2:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well here it is , day five without a CH! I even had a beer to celebrate and still no headache!! Being that I am episodic  I am wondering if this is just a break in the pattern or has it gone into hibernation again, The last time I had them they lasted for 3 months and then disappeared for 10 years. I can only hope this is the case this time. I have been on Verapamil 120mg x3 since the beginning of December and then Lithium 300mgx3 for 2 weeks and Imitrex nasal spray for the ones I get during sleeep and tablets for the ones during the day if I can get to it soon enough. I am also taking mega doses of Vitamin B (B100) and Vitamin E. The only problems I am having at present is the feeling of being "not quite with-it" after taking the Lithium and Verapamil. I am not sure if it is the combo or one or the other that gives me the spaced out feeling but it is much easier to deal with then the headaches. I am hoping that this is the end of the cycle and it doesn't come back again, EVER!! But if it does I am so glad to have found this web site and to know that I am not alone in my suffering. Good health to yoou all and as Monty Python says... Always look at the bright side of life. Cheers, Stevieray
IP Logged
Edski_1
New Board Veteran
USA 

All the years combine...they melt into a dream...

Email

Re: Too good to be true?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18th, 2004, 6:28pm »

Guess we never really know, do we?  I'm working today on 3 days PF out of 4 and feeling pretty good... Smiley  The last time I hd about a year of headaches and a 13 year remission...it's been about 3 months now, but I've been on topamax for about 12 days now...I up the dose to 100 mg tomorrow.

good luck, keep posting here!  Cheesy
IP Logged

This is the mystery of the quotient; upon us all a little rain must fall...
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19th, 2004, 12:40am »

Hi Stevie...........  Wink

That is great news!!!!!!!!!

The pf stories are the best   Kiss

Glad you're getting some quality pf time

Best wishes to ya, sweetie

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Stevieray
New Board Newbie
Canada 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20th, 2004, 9:46pm »

HEY! I celebrated day 7 with 2 glassed of Cabernet Sauvignon. Still no sign of the beast, WOO HOO!!
IP Logged
brad267
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20th, 2004, 10:44pm »

Congrats Stevie Ray,

Any chance you're from Austin???  We pray to the SRV statue down here.....

Brad
IP Logged

-- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
Stevieray
New Board Newbie
Canada 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21st, 2004, 9:11pm »

Sorry but I am not from Austin but SRV is one of my idols. I'm actually from British Columbia, Canada, about as far away from Austin as one could get and our weather is about as foreign too. It's great if you like to snow ski or snowmobile but we do get fabulous summers here and I live on a lake and do a lot of boating in the summer. On another note , I am still headache free. I went to the doc for a checkup today and she is keeping me on Verapamil for another month or so just in case and I will be on the Lithium for a month too. I am glad this medication is working for me. If it were only this easy for every one else.
IP Logged
jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22nd, 2004, 4:19am »

Once you find what works for you then you have a true reason to celabrate. Problem is what works now may not later. BUT.....Hope this holds for you.

Jmin
IP Logged
Stevieray
New Board Newbie
Canada 

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22nd, 2004, 8:51pm »

Ten years ago it was Lithium, Prednisone and for the realy bad ones, Demerol with  Percocet for the lesser ones. This time it is Lithium, Verapamil and Imitrex nasal spray and if all goe well I only had them for a month this time.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22nd, 2004, 9:04pm »

AH.......always nice to read.  

Never count on them returning. Nothing is a bigger waste of time.  

Can't beat this kind of thing for coolness. Cool

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Stevieray
New Board Newbie
Canada 

« Reply #9 on: Jan 25th, 2004, 2:25am »

12 days PF and counting.......
IP Logged
Zonie
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 31st, 2004, 11:22pm »

So good to read all this good news about "PFDs" and "SRVs".  I am so happy for all of you guys and hope that it's contageous cause I could sure use a little relief right now.  And reading about your good turn of events is the next best thing to experiencing it for myself.... keeps my hopes alive.  Keep up the good work and keep those good reports coming.
IP Logged
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #11 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 12:35pm »

I had 4 pints of draught Guiness last night. It was sheer luxury and I enjoyed every last drop. Glad my cycle has finished and hope to have another year of beer drinking ahead before the next cycle starts again!

Cheers!
John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Stevieray
New Board Newbie
Canada 

« Reply #12 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 3:37pm »

Well here it is , day # 17!!! and still no headaches! I even went on a bit af a bender last night  (3 beer and 1- 1/2 bottles of red wine) and I don't even have so much as a hangover! Ya gotta love that! I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that I have defeated the beast. I'll keep y'all informed. SR.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss