Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tea »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tea
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tea  (Read 500 times)
mc11fc
New Board Newbie
England 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Tea
« on: Nov 11th, 2004, 6:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I reckon I'm luckier than a lot as obviously my clusters are now mild compared to many of you out there - but I did have 20 years of  multiple nightmares, months on end without real sleep and seriously considered suicide on about 3 occasions. I'm having my 3rd night after a period of 5 years without an attack. I know what causes it - stress - due this time to moving house and all it entails.

My point is that after trying all the pills that doctors could throw at me and anything I could buy over the counter, I have found that I can relieve the agony by drinking very hot strong TEA. My Doctor reckons its the tannin - though I have little faith in Doctors as not one mentioned cluster headaches for 20 years and diagnosed me as having migraine - and this is deffinately not migraine.  Some thought I was swinging the lead, or that I was just a little bit loopy (or whimpish!!). I had 12 paracetemol one night which didn't stop the pain (but should have killed me I suppose) but taken with water - I only found out that drinking tea with painkillers accelerated their effectiveness - but now I dont bother with the painkillers. Give it a try - if it only helps one of you it will be worth it. My pain is going now - so back to bed (till about 3AM).
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

Re: Tea
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 6:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Im glad that tea helps you, but if it were that simple we would not be here would we?

.........................jonny
IP Logged
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 7:07pm »

Could be the caffeine in the tea. Tea doesn't have as much caffeine as coffee, but it is still there. The stronger the tea, the better. Doesn't really work for me. If it works for you, then more power to you. Drink up!  

edited for spelling... sheesh
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2004, 7:09pm by purpleydog » IP Logged

majic
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 8:15pm »

The only tea that does my clusters any good is the sort with mushrooms in Wink

majic
IP Logged
ClusterCowboy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Whoa...what a ride!

337743153 337743153   beavers_bottom   jeff46176
Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 1:28am »

SmileyI am happy that you found a reliever that works for you, but...I drink alot of tea...hot, cold and otherwise...the only use I've had for it is to swallow more pills...Thanks for the advise, but...it doesn't work for me.

Respectfully,
Jeff
IP Logged

If I don't learn something new every day...I've been cheated!
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 2:38am »

I am so glad that you've found something which works for your CH.  Smiley

Unfourtainly the beast loves to play these tricks; what works for one, does not work for us all.  

I know for fact that tea doesn't work with me - I tried that last year.

But thank you for sharing this information - it might work for some others, too. Never know unless you try!

I hope that tea will help you in the future, too!  Smiley

Best wishes & PFdays,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

ksmiggy
New Board Junior

doh!

ksmiggy  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 7:09am »

hope it works for somebody, as you say if it helps one person, it is worth mentioning, i drink tea all the time too, no difference, we each have our own little thing that helps i suppose, good luck with yours
IP Logged
mc11fc
New Board Newbie
England 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 11:24am »

It's not caffeine. When I'm in this state I can't face coffee. I can understand the doubt in some minds but I've tried all the propriety pain killers and those prescribed by numerous doctors but they didn't work - I did find that hitting my head against the tiled wall in the bathroom gave a split seconds relief which made it worthwhile - but only the afflicted would believe we could do things like that. This tea thing may not last  but at the moment I am very grateful for it.  For those who are recording these cases (and I'm sure it must be useful as there doesn't seem to be a lot of scientific research carried out on CH's) I was once adjusting an amateur radio amplifier whilst in a state of suffering and accidentally touched the anode with several thousand volts on it - I was thrown across the room but by the time I'd hit the wall the pain had gone completely (not to be recommended). Up four times last night - I must have been a very naughty child.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss