Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Prednisone »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Prednisone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prednisone  (Read 665 times)
radioflyer72
New Board Newbie

"It's like uh..well...you know..nevermind !"

Prednisone
« on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 2:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, for the first time I took the 6 day round of doses.  Finished up on Saturday...and the demon came back on Sunday night and Monday night....though not as bad..and not as long.  

The question is:  Should I take another round of doses?  My Neuro called it in but I almost want to fight this thing off with abortives ('Trex spray) and get out of my cycle.  I'm also worried that if I keep taking the Prednisone..and putting it off...my cycle with run through the holidays thus ruining my Christmas with my family.

Your thoughts or advice?
IP Logged
don

Email

Re: Prednisone
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 2:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I wouldn't bother with a second round unless you are on a preventative. Thats is the key to keeping the CH away when you get to the lower doses of prednisone.
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 3:48pm »

I suppose I had a different regimine...

4 days @ 60mg
4 days @ 40mg
4 days @ 20mg

I'm on my first 20mg day and so far so good.  I'll post my results.  I'm hopeful that the beast is running along his merry way...
IP Logged
byoung111
New Board Junior
USA 

It's just one of those days!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 4:47pm »

I have mixed feelings about Prednisone. In Feb. 2003 I took a 10 day dose of Prednisone. It didn't do anything to that cycle other than keep me up all night. My cycle was actually longer that time (3 months instead of 2). That being said a year later when it was time for my next cycle, I didn't have one. I was thrilled. Here we are in November and the CH have come back. If your just wanting to get past this cycle, I wouldn't take the Prednisone, but it may help in the future.
IP Logged
Apple
New Board Newbie

« Reply #4 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 3:48pm »

Damn. I just did a round of prednisone and it worked great! Totally broke my cycle.  Ironically, I was basically allergic to Verapamil. Go figure! I was trying to take that and lower the Topamax when all hell broke lose.  My body is haywire. The Verap. gave me MORE MIGRAINES. UGH! On the other hand, my body loves prednisone. What else can you take to break the cycle? If you get in dire straights, will morphine in an ER work? I hate this stuff! HATE IT.
IP Logged

I don't have CH, I have horrible migraines. Doc says they have "cluster features." Can I still stay? Migraines suck. Can I say that?
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 9:13pm »

I can't even come close to imagining being allergic to Verapamil!

Check out the info on this link.  It speaks specifically to meds and CH treatment.  From what I know, Morphine, Demeral, and other narcotics, in the ER or otherwise, only cause rebound HA's.

http://www.future-drugs.com/admin/articlefile/ERN020304.PDF

Many hugs and good luck!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss