Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 6:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone had any luck with Magnesium?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone had any luck with Magnesium??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone had any luck with Magnesium??  (Read 1373 times)
markg111
New Board Newbie
USA 

Anyone had any luck with Magnesium??
« on: Nov 24th, 2004, 1:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,
I was in the book store reading different books about CH, and came upon this one:

The Magnesium Solution For Migraine Headaches: The Complete Guide To Using Magnesium To Prevent And Treat Migraines And Cluster Headaches Naturally
by Jay S. Cohen
It was a short read (did it while drinking a coffee in the store cafe') but it also sounded convincingly optimistic.
I was wondering if anyone has any luck with magnesium in treating CH
Thanks,
Mark
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: Anyone had any luck with Magnesium??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 1:35pm »

I have been taking a magnesium supplement with my muti-vitamins every morning for the past 2 years.  I should have started my normal cluster 4 or 5 months ago but it hasn't materialized.  Is it the magnesium, don't know.  Is it the shrooms I used last clsuter, don't know.  Is it because I'm an old fart?

Added benefit - it's makes you regular as the Christmas goose!!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2004, 2:08pm by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
becky8

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 2:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hard to say, we take so much stuff you never know whats the thing working. I take it everyday but I don't if its helping or the lithium kicked with my verapamil??? Ya know what I am saying. I do know that the melatoin I take at night helps with my sleep somewhat
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 9:50am »

once I started eating magnesium (350mg/day) it did help to stop few ch attacks with low kip level. I have been eating magnesium tablets ever since. I can't tell you whether my ch would be worse if I stopped eating those tablets, though.
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Apple
New Board Newbie

« Reply #4 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 3:43pm »

I'm finding that taking 500 mgs is helping my migraines.
( I also like Coq10...but I don't know if that helps Clusters)
IP Logged

I don't have CH, I have horrible migraines. Doc says they have "cluster features." Can I still stay? Migraines suck. Can I say that?
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 9:07pm »

Actually, I think it might have been helping my clusters a little, but, unfortunately, it also gave me the worst and truely most awful case of the "hershey squirts" I've ever had.

In other words, on a personal level, I highly recommend it for constipation!

That's just me, though.  I think many here have found it to be really helpful.

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Apple
New Board Newbie

« Reply #6 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 12:14pm »

Update: I started taking 750 mgs. for constipation and now I'm not getting any h/a's and going to the bathroom really well!  Grin Knock on wood. Don' t let  any evil Migraine Devils hear this! I'm thinking good thoughts on the stuff.
IP Logged

I don't have CH, I have horrible migraines. Doc says they have "cluster features." Can I still stay? Migraines suck. Can I say that?
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 7th, 2004, 6:10pm »

So, when you do go to the "bathroom" are there any wild colors swirling around in the bowl?

The reason I ask is magnesium is onee of the principal ingredients in FIREWORKS.  Like the 4th of July kind!  So I was curious whether you get blown off the seat and every color in the rainbow is represented in the explosion?
IP Logged
CC2004
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
New_Zealand 

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 10:43pm »

on Dec 7th, 2004, 6:10pm, marlin wrote:
So, when you do go to the "bathroom" are there any wild colors swirling around in the bowl?

The reason I ask is magnesium is onee of the principal ingredients in FIREWORKS.  Like the 4th of July kind!  So I was curious whether you get blown off the seat and every color in the rainbow is represented in the explosion?

ummmmmmm  Embarassed definitately explosive  Shocked especially when previously bound up!  Tongue yuk
BUT Im hanging a lot of hope on this along with water treatment - 2nd day PF other than wrong side and shadows
IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 11:51pm »

No explosions here but...now regular just like dawn and dusk.  Actually regular with dawn...awww...tmi.  laugh

I think it helped as well as coQ10.  I still take them, out of habit I suppose, or fear of rocking the boat.
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss