Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 6:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Verapamil, not working as well. normal to need mo? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Verapamil, not working as well. normal to need mo?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Verapamil, not working as well. normal to need mo?  (Read 910 times)
Bill-G
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Verapamil, not working as well. normal to need mo?
« on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi  

I've been doing fairly well with alot of pf days the past couple weeks. Only shadowing.  The last 3 nights I can't seem to sleep more that 2-2.5 hours before the bugger wakes me.  Also getting my 11 am now. They are definetly weaker and progress at a slower pace. I waited to long last night hoping it would just go away...not a bright move at all...slower but it gets there. Most are ok with 15-20  minutes or so with O2 if I start it quickly.   Thinking of asking the Neurologist to up dosage.  I'm at what seems to be a fairly low dosage, 240mg now.  Just fishing for thoughts.  Huh

Bill
IP Logged

Had heard about CH and wondered if anything could posiiblly be all that bad. Seriously thinking of having idiot tatoo done on my forehead now
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

Re: Verapamil, not working as well. normal to need
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:29am »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 8:13am, Bill-G wrote:
The last 3 nights I can't seem to sleep more that 2-2.5 hours before the bugger wakes me.  Also getting my 11 am now.  

Thinking of asking the Neurologist to up dosage.  I'm at what seems to be a fairly low dosage, 240mg now.  Just fishing for thoughts.

Don't sound like a bad idea or too much to ask.  Call his office, see what he says, he probably has your medical history to reflect on for the yeay or nay.  I had to up from there for results.

Kevin M

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thats what I would do. Sounds like your on the right track. How long have you been on the verapamil?
IP Logged
Bill-G
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 9:52am »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 8:50am, don wrote:
Thats what I would do. Sounds like your on the right track. How long have you been on the verapamil?

Only been on it for 4 weeks. I was and am still happy it keeps the thrashers away but this is exhausting. Definetly going to ask the Doc.    

Thanks for the input Smiley

Hope springs eternal

Bill
IP Logged

Had heard about CH and wondered if anything could posiiblly be all that bad. Seriously thinking of having idiot tatoo done on my forehead now
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 11:14am »

I'm on 360 mgs...it seems that up to 480 mgs are within range as a CH prevent.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
becky8

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 2:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I was just like that until I was 360mg and added Lithium and I am PF for about going on 3 weeks. Only got hit once in 3 weeks and it was not a real bad one! I probably just jinxed myself!! Good Luck!! up the dose!!
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 7:22pm »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 8:13am, Bill-G wrote:
I've been doing fairly well with alot of pf days the past couple weeks. Only shadowing.  They are definetly weaker and progress at a slower pace.  
Just fishing for thoughts.

Just wanted to add, verap seem to be somewhat effective so far for you but as the episode progresses,  the 240mg seems to not be handling it.   Since there is some relief from using it, if the doctor should reply negatively to upping the verap, I'd inquire further with him as to his reason.  Effective preventives are valuable and you haven't mentioned any side effects yet that would make 360-480mg seem out of the question.  If a GRADUAL increase is granted, give it a few days for it to work.

Good luck

Kevin M
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 7:42pm »

I agree that upping it may be the way to go....

I also have a doc that is hesitant despite the research and despite my heart being fine to increase my verap.

So here I am after a morning @ the cardiologist being put through the ringer and I'm hooked up to a monitor for 24 hrs. just to show my doctor that the heart is ok so that he would be willing to increase the verapamil until i get some relief.

Do whatcha gotta do but find a way to get relief.

Best to ya!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Bill-G
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 9:42pm »

I talked to my Doc who also thought it was a good idea...after an EKG and a bunch of others. Its been 4 years so  I need a physical anyway. As long as everything is ok I'll be trying 360 tomorrow.  

Thanks again all!!   It sure is great to know theres a place to go to get info from folks who have been there
 Smiley

As the old saying goes...I'm still confused, but at a higher level and about more important things Tongue

Hope springs eternal
Bill
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss