Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 1:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Heroin, Opium, Morphine, Dilaudid, Fentanyl deriva »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Heroin, Opium, Morphine, Dilaudid, Fentanyl deriva
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Heroin, Opium, Morphine, Dilaudid, Fentanyl deriva  (Read 3355 times)
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

Re: Heroin, Opium, Morphine, Dilaudid, Fentanyl de
« Reply #25 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 8:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have tried the methadone regimen.  Yes it got rid of the headaches, however it was prescribed wrong, I was told to take 1 10mg tablet 4 times a day - I ended up in the hospital damn near dead with methadone poisoning among other things.

I won't touch that stuff again no how no way, but it did get rid of my headaches.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
don

Email

« Reply #26 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 8:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Methadone also ranks high among the most difficult drugs to withdraw from.

Alcohol and Benzos fill out the top three.
IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #27 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 1:35pm »

on Feb 11th, 2005, 12:06pm, vietvet2tours wrote:
Not one time was the word Oxygen used in this entire thread.

I was thinking the same thing.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #28 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 11:09pm »

Morphine or demerol wouldn't touch a ch.  Dilaudid 4 mg would kill my ha and knock me out cold.  I would wake up and not have a ha for another 2-4 days.

Methadone 10mg am and 10mg pm worked great for me for a year.  It keeped me out off the er for migraine or ch.  It keeped my chronic ch gone for over a year.

I switched to duragesic fentanly patch. 50mcg. I have not had a ch In almost 1 1/2 years that is amazing miricle to me.  I am  not buzzed or high.  I can function fully and have a quality of life back.

I say narcotics do have a role after everything has been tried and nothing works.  
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Katie54
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 9:16am »

Hello fellow CH's, I just wanted to share this wierd experience to see if anyone else has had this happen to them.  My CH usually come from June - Sept, every day...but a couple of years ago I had to have surgery for a pulled tendon in my hand (in april) and when June came around no CH...and last year I had to had surgery on my Thyroid and again no CH last summer.  Now I do not know if the surgery had anything to do with me not getting the CH or what, but I think it is strange that since surgery no CH.  Now I was given Morphine after the surgery, (you know the kind where you can pump it yourself) and don't know if it was this or the meds the anethist(sp) gave me to knock me out.  Let me know if anyone else has this happen to them.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #30 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 1:34pm »

Hi Katie...welcome. Sometimes our cycles change. Some folks may only have an episode every 5 years. It's hard to say whether your surgeries had anything to do with the change in your cycle. My sister has episodic CH and each episode will prompt her to try something different. This year she gave up sugar and insisted that was why her HAs stopped. I explained that maybe her episode was over and she insisted it was because she'd detoxed. Who knows? We're all different and the beast will keep changing the rules of the game. Those are the only constants in CH.  Pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss