Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cubensis Suggestions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cubensis Suggestions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cubensis Suggestions  (Read 378 times)
rextangle

Email

Cubensis Suggestions
« on: Jan 31st, 2005, 10:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

For anyone who's doing the treatment.

Most clusterheads go for the ecuador because they're easy to grow and fairly resistant to contamination.

Another great recommendation is the Cambodians.
They colonize in 6-8 days and start pinning quickly.
They get harvested usually after 25 days from inoculation.
I think it would be beneficial to most of us who need them quickly. They're also very resistant against bacterias and very potent. They fruit very well and do not require cold shock.

You can read about it at:
http://www.thehawkseye.com/cambodia/cambodia.html

I just thought I would pass this on.
Cheers!
Rex
IP Logged
dougchunyo
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: Cubensis Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4th, 2005, 4:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Rex,

Do you have any suggestions for long term storage?  If I start growing now, it's likely my cycle will be just about over before I can use any of them (for treatment at least  Wink), my next cycle could be 3 months, 6 months, a year or more down the road.  It would be nice to have some stored for just such reasons.

Thanks.

BTW - some very interesting music on your site.  Expect an order from me.
IP Logged

"The mind is its own place; and in itself can make a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven."
John Donne
rextangle

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 4th, 2005, 4:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Doug,

Make sure that you dry them very well first.
There are many different methods...
You can read about them here...

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3337

I dry them in a plasic colander with a fan. It usually takes a couple of days (may takes more time if you live in a humid area). Then I place them in an airtight container with dessicant packs.
You can find them in Vitamin jars... (the little bags inside that keep the moisture away).
They can be frozen as well (make sure to read about it to do it right).
Glad you enjoyed the music !
Good luck,
Rex

IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 4th, 2005, 5:27pm »

Place them under a fan for 48 hours and then to a sealed container with damprid (available at Lowe's, et als.)  The damprid should not come in direct contact with the treatment.  You can have wire mesh just above the damprid and the treatment placed on paper towels or the like.  Leave in the sealed container for two or three days until cracker dry.  Some people will then freeze them for super long storage........others say freezing them will destroy some of the benefit.  I personally have not seen any determent in freezing.

Wink
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 4th, 2005, 6:10pm »

Won't know for sure if they last a year for about a year. The dessicant packs were hard as heck to find........until my kid overheard me talking about them. She came home from the mall with 50 or 60 of the little buggers. Seems shoes come with a packet in each box. Check those shoe stores.

Appreciate the Cambodian tip.  
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 4th, 2005, 6:18pm »

on Mar 4th, 2005, 5:27pm, Giovanni wrote:
...others say freezing them will destroy some of the benefit.  I personally have not seen any determent in freezing.

Wink

The only problem with freezing might come about if you freeze a large amount of shrooms that you will be "dipping into" from time to time. Opening a frozen package will most likely allow warmer (humid) air into the package when its opened which can then condense on the frozen shrooms/package interior. You then close it up and refreeze for future use and this condensation can cause some deterioration. Also may form water droplets on the shrooms which may at some point lead to mold. Freezing, in a darkened container, with 02 reduced, should make them last a long time. My advice would be to freeze them in smaller one-dose packets.

Dried, (cracker dry and over not more than a few days time), Deprived (of 02), Darkened (storage area), and Distant (like an ex-spouse...cold shouldered), should keep 'em good for at least a year if not two.

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss