Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Morning Glory..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Morning Glory.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Morning Glory.....  (Read 1664 times)
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

Morning Glory.....
« on: Mar 1st, 2005, 10:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seeds (containing LSA, related to LSD)

I had been doing some research on alternative methods, as some of you may remember, for my CH, migraines, and possible lupus....

I want to try the "shrooms' but impossible for me right now.  

Ran across some info on seeds containing LSA, thought hmmmmm I wonder.  Looked deeper into it and with the help of some friends found it was a valid hmmmm (the hmmmm being I wondered if the LSA being related to LSD thing would work on my clusters)  Also Erowid.com was one of the sites I did alot of reading at, on proper ingestion, dose, etc etc...

Sooooo I tried it about a week-2weeks ago. And I wanted to share my experience.

There are many different ways to extract the LSA from the seeds.  Also different ways of ingestion without extraction, for example soaking them in cold water, straining then drinking the liquid, or just crushing them up into a sawdust type powder and just eating them.  
The side affect that I was worried about the most was naseau.  That seemed to be affected alot on if you had untreated seeds (without pesticides and stuff) and how you chose to ingest them.

This is what I did.....

I purchased some morning glory seeds from a local nursery, the package stated they were untreated.  I washed them JIC.  I then ground up about 80 seeds or so until they resembled saw dust.  I then mixed them into about a tablespoon of applesauce and ate them down.  About an hour later I didn't feel too "funny" (as these seeds at certain doses can cause hallucongenic type affects)  The most I felt was some lightheadedness and tired (although the possible lupus cauld have been the cause of this)  

The next day I was still having pretty much the same CH as usual.  I know I took a small dose (these particular seeds contain only a small amount of LSA) so I decided to try a larger dose.

A couple days later I repeated the above, but this time with somewhere in the range of 150 or so seeds (my memory is awful and I wish I had written down the exact amt., but it was right around 150 im sure of it)  I ended up SICK AS A DOG, for almost 24 hrs.  Take into mind the worst flu you have ever had, then triple it!  I also was very dizzy for most of 12 hrs of it.  It was awful.

BUT fastforward to about a week later.............I have had LESS CH hits, the severity and length of my CH has decreased tremendously, I still am shadowing about the same as before......

I am chronic, I weaned off my lithium and verapamil before trying this (actually waited a few weeks after weaning).  I don't know if this is coincidence or not.  I am not going to try this again, cause I was really too sick afterwards.  Not everyone gets that way though so I thought I might share this so someone else can do their own research if they are intrigued.  RESEARCH this, don't just go and try it.  I am not suggesting anything, just sharing an experience.  I can help give some Info beyond this if anyone has any questions for me.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
floridian

Email

Re: Morning Glory.....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 10:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for the warning. Potentially effective, with lots of side effects not found in shrooms.  

In addition to nausea, vomitting, etc, one big thing to consider is blood pressure. Morning glory and woodrose have some strong vasoconstrictors.  Stroke or heart attack are a risk with a big dose, or if an individual is susceptible to those compounds.  Consuming a tea over the course of a day or using the Sputnik method is also a way to reduce the possible side effects (both physical and mental).  But it does pose a much greater risk than other options.  

Also, be careful in distinguishing between:
1) Morning glory
2) Woodrose
3) Baby woodrose

The potency and toxicity between these is very different. A dose of 150 seeds from 2) or 3) could be fatal.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 11:26am »

pretty interesting isn't it?!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 12:04pm »

Yes Floridian, thanks so much for clarify the risks, and different types.  Plus with Morning Glory Seeds, there are many different types of Morning glories, only 3 (that I know of) contain LSA.

It is very interesting Paul.
IP Logged

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 12:06pm »

according to erowid...

the 4 varieties known to contain LSA are "Heavenly Blue", "Pearly Gates", "Flying Saucers", and "Blue Star".  

« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2005, 12:08pm by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 12:53pm »

Yes sorry, 4 morning glories that have LSA (I forgot about the blue stars)  In my particular trial I used heavenly blue's
IP Logged

PaulL
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 4:59pm »

Watch out for this stuff, it can be quite disphoric.  Here's Albert Hofmann, the discoverer of LSD, on the morning glory [http://www.psychedelic-library.org/child6.htm, scroll down for his discovery of the active ingredient, an indole closely related to LSD and psilocybin] ololiuhqui = Aztec name for morning glory.

"The morning glory seed boom, however, lasted only a comparatively short time, evidently because of the undesirable experiences that those in the drug world had with this "new" ancient inebriant. The ololiuhqui seeds, which are taken crushed with water or another mild beverage, taste very bad and are difficult for the stomach to digest. Moreover, the psychic effects of ololiuhqui, in fact, differ from those of LSD in that the euphoric and the hallucinogenic components are less pronounced, while a sensation of mental emptiness, often anxiety and depression, predominates. Furthermore, weariness and lassitude are hardly desirable effects as traits in an inebriant. These could all be reasons why the drug culture's interest in the morning glory seeds has diminished.  
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 7:23pm »

on Mar 1st, 2005, 4:59pm, PaulL wrote:
differ from those of LSD in that the euphoric and the hallucinogenic components are less pronounced, while a sensation of mental emptiness, often anxiety and depression, predominates. Furthermore, weariness and lassitude are hardly desirable effects as traits in an inebriant. These could all be reasons why the drug culture's interest in the morning glory seeds has diminished.  

The fact that "the euphoric and the hallucinogenic components are less pronounced" is not something that we would specifically care about anyway. Thats certainly not why any of us use these products.

OTOH, the other traits aren't very desirable either but they unfortunately sound similar to the effects of some of the more traditional cluster meds that people have to use on a continual basis rather than a couple times.

I wouldn't have necessarily suggested Morning Glory seeds for this purpose. We have had some people have good success with the Baby Wood Rose seeds. The Morning Glory seeds require numbers in the hundreds while the BWR seeds require only 3-5 seeds, it seems. They (BWR) are also very small and you have to consume much less "flesh" which should cause less stomach upset.
So far, I don't think anyone has not had success with them (LSA) although its a very small number of cases to make any judgements.  

Thanks very much Tara for the report. I know you did a lot of research on this before giving it a try. I hope it does the trick for you. Please do keep us informed on your progress.

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 7:43pm »

I have also tried the morning glory experience and found it to be not effective, and as ill as I felt, some euphoria would have been welcome, (even though that is not why we would take it Wink). Also it is my understanding, but I may be wrong, that the Baby wine Woodrose only produces seeds every 3 years or so and I don't know about the chemicals "strength time" after harvest. I guess we could run through a field of molded rye and the ergot might work. I sincerely hope that the ongoing studies of the shrooms is acceptable as a treatment as they can be fairly safe as long as the person knows how to do the proper ID tests and please don't drive. PFD's
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
rextangle

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 4th, 2005, 4:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I would suggest the Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds over the morning glory... Here's why:

You only need 5 to 6 seeds. Use small pliers to crack the shell and get the inner seed out. Soak them in water for 2 hours.
The water either turns green or purple (don't ask why) and then drink the water and chew the left over seeds.
The taste is like an "old peanut"... but not as tough as the taste of psilocybin.  
Make sure to take them on an EMPTY STOMACH...
I don't eat anything that entire day. But if you do, wait 3-4 hours before dosing.
Take a couple of tums 30 minutes before ingesting.
The effects will be as if you did 2.0g of shrooms...
Very mild and the stomach should not be bothering you too much. Of course, that depends on the individual as well.

Good luck to all,
Rex

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss