Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 7:18pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « fallowup app. on friday,need advice »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   fallowup app. on friday,need advice
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: fallowup app. on friday,need advice  (Read 263 times)
bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

fallowup app. on friday,need advice
« on: Feb 9th, 2005, 9:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My two week prednisone taper down is over this saturday. I will still be taking 240mg verapamil daily for prevention. What can I expect  with just the verapamil,
  Also the lorazepam I was given for sleep aid, I believe was just meant to be used while on prednisone, Problem is I really like it for putting me to sleep,and would hope he will continue prescribing this med also.
    When I see the doc friday what should I tell him.
    These last two weeks have been the best Ive had in a very long time.
 I do have imitrex injections for emergancy's and only needed 2 in two weeks since my first doctor visit. I still catch myself taking a couple tylanol during the day at work to get rid of body aches and headpressure. I dont suppose the doctor will be happy with that.  
   Any feedback will be helpfull
   Thanks bigred. Huh
IP Logged

fishing for relief in a very big pond.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

Re: fallowup app. on friday,need advice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 11:03pm »

on Feb 9th, 2005, 9:27pm, bigred wrote:
     My two week prednisone taper down is over this saturday. I will still be taking 240mg verapamil daily for prevention. What can I expect  with just the verapamil,

First see how the 240mg of verap is handling the episode.  Report to your doc the frequency of abortive use.  The amount of verap needed for prevention varies and may need to be adjusted.  

Quote:
Also the lorazepam I was given for sleep aid, I believe was just meant to be used while on prednisone, Problem is I really like it for putting me to sleep,and would hope he will continue prescribing this med also.
    When I see the doc friday what should I tell him.
 Yeah, a sleep-aid script usually accompanies a pred taper.  Once off the pred, you shouldn't have the need for it, but if you wish, melatonin is bought 'off the shelf' and will do.  It's safer and can be used as 3, 6, or 9mg amounts, if and when needed.  Ask doc about that.

Quote:
These last two weeks have been the best Ive had in a very long time.

That's great but don't depend on repetitive pred taper use, work on a good prevent dosage that helps.

Quote:
I do have imitrex injections for emergancy's and only needed 2 in two weeks since my first doctor visit.
Keep'um handy and until the prevent helps enough, stay in touch with doc, telling him which way the wind is blowing at this time, such as "verap seems to be doing ok at 240mg", or "getting hit couple times a day, reassess prevent dosage",  or "need more abortives, prevent ineffective".

Hopefully, it may end for you.  

Kevin M

IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 11:51pm »

Dang it Kevin..........you're taking all the fun and challenge out of this. If you give someone all the info on the first go around, they'll never come back. Some recruiter, you are.

I am a fan of the "pam" line of meds, but lorazapam was never a favorite, or even a 3rd runner up. Try benadryl and/or dramamine before bed to avoid the night time nasties, and kill REM sleep.......(talk about your nocturnal emissions.)

REM is over rated, anyhow.
RK
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 1:44pm »

aaah.... prednisone. I remember taking that...  Grin I was totally manic all the time and slept 5 hours a night - and woke up happy and cheerful! And I'm the kind who needs 8 hours at least to function.. So I loved it, but it did nothing to my CH...
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 8:27pm »

Thanks all!
  Kevin  yours was so good I printred it off for my file!
     Ill get back with ya Friday eve, let ya know what the doc says.
   Bigred
IP Logged

fishing for relief in a very big pond.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss