Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 5:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Drug Worked for Me Yahoo »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Drug Worked for Me Yahoo
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Drug Worked for Me Yahoo  (Read 496 times)
ImFree
New Board Newbie

Help wanted

New Drug Worked for Me Yahoo
« on: Feb 21st, 2005, 9:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Smiley
Its been 22 years, and this year when the dreaded headaches began, I decided to try my medication I use for anxiety for flying. Klonopin 1mg.  
10 nights ago I began the headaches. 5 nights ago I began taking one pill before bed time.  I have been headache free since then.  I will keep you all posted on the progress, but I am sooo thrilled so far.
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

Re: New Drug Worked for Me Yahoo
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 11:28am »

I'm glad that you've found something which works for you! It can be trickly with CH. I hope that you stay PF, too.

Welcome aboard, by the way.  Smiley

Best wishes & PFdays,
Sandie
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 1:24pm »

Klonopin=Clonazepam...

What is Klonopin (clonazepam) ?  
 •  Klonopin (clonazepam) is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. Klonopin (clonazepam) affects chemicals in your brain that may become unbalanced and cause seizures or symptoms of panic disorder.  
 •  Klonopin (clonazepam) is used to treat seizures and panic disorder.  
 •  Klonopin (clonazepam) may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.  

http://www.drugs.com/klonopin.html
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2005, 1:26pm by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 2:06pm »

This class of drugs has a high potential for abuse and addiction. Please be careful...
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 2:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I would use Klonipin for CH as quickly as I would amputate my arm for a paper cut on my finger.
IP Logged
ImFree
New Board Newbie

Help wanted

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 2:44pm »

Knowing that these can be highly addictive similar to any painkiller, those people that may have a history of addiction may have problems.  

My doctor only gives me 15 at a time for Closterphobia episodes (few and far between).  
I myself am well aware that they can be addictive.  Im not sure why anyone would want to get addictive to them since if taken during the day you are a zombie.  

I have an executive level job that requires me to be totally with it 100% of the time.  That being said.  I am willing to take one pill at night before bed during the 2 to 5 week episodes I have once a year.  They leave me a bit tired in the morning, but that is it - no waking up at 2am banging my head against the wall of my shower crying to stop the pain.

Please note that this has worked for me for 5 days only.  I am grateful that I am free from pain for this long.  I will let you all know if the pain comes back.  God I hope not.
IP Logged
TonyG1

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 9:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

These are effective and I used them for a couple of nights during this cycle (only two) as I was getting ZERO sleep and I was sooooooo tired.  I did get some quality sleep but as others have said, this class of meds can be highly addictive ... be careful.

T.
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 9:56pm »

on Feb 21st, 2005, 2:44pm, ImFree wrote:
 Im not sure why anyone would want to get addictive to them since if taken during the day you are a zombie.  

Bloody O. You got my attention

Quote:
I have an executive level job that requires me to be totally with it 100% of the time.

Me too. I have to drive kids around and make dinner.
If this works for you, and you're a 1%er, then report it.  

Maybe unpopular, but still one's duty.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:09pm »

on Feb 21st, 2005, 9:53am, ImFree wrote:
Smiley
Its been 22 years, and this year when the dreaded headaches began, I decided to try my medication I use for anxiety for flying. Klonopin 1mg.  
10 nights ago I began the headaches. 5 nights ago I began taking one pill before bed time.  I have been headache free since then.  I will keep you all posted on the progress, but I am sooo thrilled so far.

I've taken .5 mg clonazepam every day for years, and it does nothing for my CH. Glad it may be helping you. You do have to be careful with benzodiazapines, but they are like alcohol -- can be abused, but if you stick to one low dose a day, no untoward effects, just takes the edge off generalized anxiety disorder.
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss