Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 8:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « oxygen as a preventitive?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   oxygen as a preventitive??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: oxygen as a preventitive??  (Read 239 times)
moi
New Board Newbie
New_Zealand 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

oxygen as a preventitive??
« on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 6:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone had oxygen as a preventitive rather than a quick fix?  For those whos ch's are aborted with vigorous exersise then is it poss that we are not getting the right amount of oxygen all the time? and if its what we need to abort, then could it also be what we need to prevent?  I know alot of us are smokers and that for a start resticts our oxygen intake.  For those who are awoken during the night has anyone been made to attatch tubes up the nose and have a steady flow all through the night?  Could it be that our airways are some how restricted when we sleep and we are not getting enough 02? If meditation or yoga helps some then thats a constant awareness of our breathing.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: oxygen as a preventitive??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 8:13am »

I've never seen this approach in the medlical literature. But even if it was effective, you would become a prisoner to a tank & tube. The meds afford some effectiveness as well as freedom for our life.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

Re: oxygen as a preventitive??
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24th, 2005, 6:57pm »

It is an interesting theory that may deserve more research, but I don't think that the negligable amount of extra oxygen you could get with a nasal cannula would affect the oxygen saturation of the blood in enough of a way to prevent CH's.  Air as we all know is 21% oxygen, give or take, the maximum amount of oxygen that can be provided with a nasal device is about 30% and that is at 6 litres per minute, which is very uncomfortable, especially when not humidified. This is not to mention the hassle of having either a large amount of cylinders on hand, or the expense and hassle of a concentrator, which would be needed for the constant administration of oxygen.  I have to agree with Bob when he says that meds are a more efective means of controlling the beast.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss