Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 4:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen questions..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen questions.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen questions.....  (Read 315 times)
Biggiestyle
New Board Newbie
USA 

Wasn't looking to good but I was feeling real well

Oxygen questions.....
« on: Feb 25th, 2005, 6:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I got my DOC to give me Oxygen 10liters.   The tank is coming on Monday.   I really hope it helps.

Will anybody share experiences......Should I start as soon as a CH comes on????    

One thing a did read hear was to get a Humidifier attached.  I ask them to do that and they said sure.    

They didn't  have a nonrebreaher mask.  Unsure why I need that.. Just read it on here.   Can someone educate me on  the masks???

My DOC also gave me Zomag 5mg nasal shots.  Samples.  I was hoping to get TREX but he had samples of Zomag.  Is there a big dif between the two.  

I  f'n love this board!!!  I appreciate all the help and support everyone has shown.  I look forward to trying to helps other as you all have helped me.

Garrett
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Oxygen questions.....
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 8:01pm »

Hi Garrett...sounds good so far, except you must have the rebreather mask. You want to get 100% oxyegn in as soon as you start to feel a hit. Use it until the pain subsides and I usually leave it on about 5 min after that. If you're getting hit at might, you may want to hold the mask in place instead of using the strap. You don't want to fall asleep with it on.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 8:26pm »

Hi Garrett,

Please read the info over to the left called "Oxygen Info."  It explains it all pretty well.  At the bottom of the article are links to the O2 "experts" here on the board.  Take advantage of their knowledge.

The non-rebreather mask is essential so that you're breathing pure oxygen and not mixing it with your own exhaled CO2.  Good luck!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Cooked Brain
New Board Old Timer
Netherlands 

a.k.a. Max Payne, YOUCH this hurts...

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 10:03pm »

Hi Garrett,

I'm glad the O2 is coming your way! It has made a huge difference in my quality of life, that's for sure!

I would say use it as soon as you feel it coming, just like Nani said, but my own experience is that it works well even when already in full blast.

About the masks: mine is a rebreather. At first I didn't use it, until I noticed some dizzyness and shakiness when using it at night. I asked for input on the board and I have been advised to use 'the bag', and so I have been doing ever since. Succesrate of stopping the h.a. is on average 80%. Hope it will work as well for you too!

Pfd & take care.
IP Logged

"We can NOT solve our problems with the same kind of thinking that got us IN to the problem in the first place" Albert Einstein
histic
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27th, 2005, 9:18pm »

I'm surprised your doc recommended a 10 liter flow. Mine said he would NEVER recommend over 6 liters. I didn't know about the mask until I found this board, when the headaches were starting to subside (after 8 weeks). So I used the nasal setup they gave me. It worked great, stopping the headaches in their tracks within 5-10 min. However, if I didn't use a triptan with it, the headache would return in about 1.5 hours.
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 27th, 2005, 9:53pm »

Hey....when it comes to the Oxygen Page, what's missing to make it work for you? Is there a specific document that would make it easier for a Neuro/MD to provide a script? Is there info that needs to be provided that ain't? Spill your guts. Every Doc should be able to provide O2 access w/o feelings of ignorance. The O2 page is an act of love, not necesarily done by the finest minds in the web designing galaxy.  

Please, criticize yer butts off.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Biggiestyle
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 11:24pm »

Did I miss something?

on Feb 27th, 2005, 9:53pm, Mr. Happy wrote:
Hey....when it comes to the Oxygen Page, what's missing to make it work for you? Is there a specific document that would make it easier for a Neuro/MD to provide a script? Is there info that needs to be provided that ain't? Spill your guts. Every Doc should be able to provide O2 access w/o feelings of ignorance. The O2 page is an act of love, not necesarily done by the finest minds in the web designing galaxy.  

Please, criticize yer butts off.
RJ

IP Logged
Biggiestyle
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 11:25pm »

Sorry. Forgot to thank everyone for there input.

Thanks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss