Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 10:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « jokrs2 question re. shrooms »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   jokrs2 question re. shrooms
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: jokrs2 question re. shrooms  (Read 419 times)
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

jokrs2 question re. shrooms
« on: Mar 17th, 2005, 4:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Joe - thought I'd start a new thread so as not to mess up the kudzu one Smiley
Quote:
Just for my own curiosity, are people actually enjoying the tripping and do any say that they have no problem doing this in front of their kids? Since I'm chronic I feel like I'd be ingesting shrooms constantly.......  Best wishes & PFD&N's, Joe

Some do enjoy the well documented side-effects, however I think it's fair to say that most don't.  Don't forget that we are talking about well below recreational doses anyway, and a few people opt for the 'sip method' where there are very little (if any) side effects at all.

I've two young kids, and although they are both well aware of the pain I used to suffer, I don't feel they are old enough yet for me to explain my current medication - I always dose after bedtime and make sure I have a 'sitter' around should things go awry.

As for constant dosing, it should not always be the case for chronics - look at D's story for perfect inspiration.  Over the last eight months I myself have dosed 16 times, attempting to spread out the time in between doses, and my last dose was over two months ago now.

Hope this helps with the curiosity Cool

-Lee
IP Logged
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

Re: jokrs2 question re. shrooms
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 1:09pm »

Thank you Lee. I hope the medical and law community can get together on this and legalize it for at least medical purposes. I was one of those, who after the 1 hour after dosing enjoyed the the full meal deal from psilocyben, but noticed that if I did it back to back days the effects became weaker, but that was at the "trip" level.  Cool  Hope you have continued success with it. GREAT advice and info. Thanks again.
Blessings, Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 1:21pm »

I generally stick to small doses and I have done it with the niephews around and they just thought we were all having a gas... running around the back yard and playing with the dogs.

As far as wanting to do it all the time, I've found that after I've done it... I really have NO urge to do it again any time soon... sort of the opposite of addicting.

But yes, it can be quite pleasant if you make the surroundings good.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2005, 1:21pm by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 2:03pm »

Regarding "I feel like I'd be ingesting shrooms constantly", I wouldn't worry about that because it's "counter-addictive". From section 4.2 of the clusterbusters FAQ:

Quote:
4.2 How long do I have to wait after starting my detox and how long do I wait between psilocybin doses if I need more than one?

There is one more interaction that must be taken into consideration... the self-limiting factor of psilocybin and LSD themselves. This well-documented but still unexplained property of these substances is the reason why consecutive doses must be taken at well-spaced intervals, rather than day after day. It is also why psilocybin and LSD are classified as "counter-addictive". Flash calls this self-limiting process "shutting the door".

One of the first things that a molecule of psilocin (psilocybin is converted into psilocin as soon as it enters the bloodstream. It is actually psilocin that produces the effect, not psilocybin) will do when it nestles snuggly into its chosen synaptic cleft is to trigger a reaction in the receptor site that "shuts the door" behind it. Not only does the door shut on the sites that contain psilocin molecules already, but on all other sites anywhere in the brain that are capable of accepting similar molecules. This process is not instantaneous, but it does take place fairly rapidly... maybe over twenty minutes or half an hour or so.

This is why dosing with mushrooms or LSD is an "all or nothing" thing. With alcohol or marijuana, if you think you are not yet where you want to be, you can have another beer or another joint, and another and another. But psilocybin and LSD take time to produce their full effect... sometimes as much as an hour or even longer from the time you take them till the time they start to work. By the time you discover that you have underdosed, it is too late to do anything about it. You will have to wait until next time around to adjust the dose. If you take some more immediately, it is a complete waste of medicine, since by the time the new batch of molecules make it to your brain, all the doors are firmly shut.

These doors remain shut until all the molecules of psilocin or LSD have broken down (around 12 to 20 hours) and then the doors gradually start to re-open. This is why veteran "acidheads" back in the 1960s would only dose once a week or so. Some individuals can dose with only a three day break, others need as much as week. A good compromise for clusterheads is about five days.

This door-shutting mechanism precludes the use of any other hallucinogen for that given period of time. That is to say, if you take some mushrooms Friday night, then take some LSD on Saturday night, the LSD will have no effect at all. Methysergide (Sansert) and other ergot compounds such as ergotamine and di-hydro ergotamine (DHE) will also shut the door. Due to the marked similarity between the various triptans (Imitrex, Amerge, etc.) and psilocybin, it is likely that they will also shut the door for at least as long as they remain in the body, and probably for some period of time after that.

Bottom line... it is essential to wait 4 or 5 days between mushroom doses, and to avoid all other known "blocking" medications during that time as well.
IP Logged
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 2:28pm »

Quote:
I hope the medical and law community can get together on this and legalize it for at least medical purposes.

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon. I remember the debates about legalizing medicinal use of marijuana in California 10 years ago.  A close friend had breast cancer. Her oncologist, a very prominent one, was in TV commercials advocating medicinal use of marijuana. He was saying there were only two effective treatments for the side-effects of chemotherapy: morphine and marijuana. Which is worse? It was illegal for him to administer or prescribe marijuana. It took a statewide ballot initiative to get medicinal use of marijuana legalized. Considering the low incidence of CH and the stiff government penalties for possession of psilocybin, it may be a huge uphill battle to get it approved for medicinal use.

Bob
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2005, 2:31pm by BikerBob » IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 2:34pm »

D feels the same way Vig . . .once he has dosed he has no desire to do so again . .. .as for the legal issues, soon, at least for a controlled group, it will be legal . . that is, for the group in the research project at Harvard *g*
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 2:56pm »

Thank you for the specific information Biker Bob. I know back in the old days I noticed that as well. Just want to understand the processes involved with the Harvard study as I would probably be a good candidate as a test subject, and you have enlightened me. It is about being pain free and having to take as little medication as possible to achieve this Smiley. Thanks again, Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
kingsiren
New Board Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18th, 2005, 12:42am »

I have yet to try the shrooms as a treatment but I have used them recreationally many times in the past. They are in no way addictive and as long as you use a normal dosage, the effects are very pleasant, nothing even close to the effects of LSD. More like a good case of the giggles, and while I wouldn't recommend doing it in front of the kids you would be able to share a few laughs if you put on some SpongeBob.  

It's a sin that these politicians are so close minded, I mean they are hurting so many people by making medical marijuana so difficult to obtain, there is no chance that they would consider helping us out when we make up such a small percentage of the population. My father has crippling arthritis, he has 2 prosthetic hips and knees and is in constant pain. Marijuana is a tremendous help for him, it relieves his chronic pains and helps with the depression he deals with as a result of his illnesses but if I get caught baking him brownies I'm a criminal, not that I would ever bake him magic brownies I'm just saying if I were to make him brownies, errr......

As for the shrooms, a little bit of dung and a kit that u can order from the back of High Times Magazine, other than a shitty smelling closet no one has to be the wiser.....
IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18th, 2005, 8:57am »

on Mar 18th, 2005, 12:42am, kingsiren wrote:

It's a sin that these politicians are so close minded, I mean they are hurting so many people by making medical marijuana so difficult to obtain, there is no chance that they would consider helping us out when we make up such a small percentage of the population.

I completely agree with you about the medical marijuana.  Everytime someone proposes relaxing marijuana laws, medical or recreational, John Walters (drug Czar) or someone from the DEA rushes to campaign against it, spending millions of dollars. Why? Because their jobs depend on it remaining illegal. (There is something very wrong with a government agency campaining for the laws it enforces). Shrooms' only hope (a very slim hope) is that it can fly under the radar. The drug Czar might not be able to campaign against us few CH'ers if he has to make sure that many more cancer patients suffer like they should. Hell, someone already dropped the ball letting this Harvard Study happen.

And I'll add: We need drug law reform.

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss