Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 10:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « kudzu question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   kudzu question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: kudzu question  (Read 308 times)
cj
New Board Newbie
USA 

glad to find support

kudzu question
« on: Mar 21st, 2005, 9:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

IWent today and picked up the Kudzu at a natural food store.  What should this really look like? I've seen the capsules on web sites.  They sold it only in bulk and it looks like white chunks of chalk. This man told me that this is the purest form of Kudzu.  I really have no idea if this is true or not.   He took his first dose already this evening.  In a glass of warm water.  I read that you should take 750 mg a day.  We can only take dose of 1tsp that should equal 1000mg a day.  He took it all at once.  I also got B and C complex dietary supplement.  Hope this all sounds right.  We have never purchased this before. Just how quick does this work if it does? hours, days?    help[color=Purple][/color]
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: kudzu question
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 10:52pm »

It sounds like kudzu starch, which is used in cooking. From a post earlier in this thread, kudzu starch is washed and many of the medicinal properties are washed out. A supplement is your best bet. For some it has made a difference in 24 hours, others are still experimenting and getting varied results. Good luck and keep us posted.  Smiley
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:31am »

Hi cj.
Just in case you didn't see the other post. I believe Nani and I are taking the same brand at this time.
It is a supplement made by Planetary Formulas and is called Kudzu Recovery. Suggested use is 2 - 750mg pills 3 times daily between meals. Under recommendations it suggest additional supplementing with GTF chromium and b-complex vitamin. I also take 6mg of Melatonin to help me fall asleep at night. In "my case" I have had very good results with this combination. If they don't have this product at your local GNC or what have you, you can find it at www.vitacost.com or www.iherb.com. I have purchased from both stores.
Best wishes in your search for relief. Joe
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:32am by jokrs2 » IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
cj
New Board Newbie
USA 

glad to find support

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 5:03am »

thanks nani  i will try to locate the another supplement.
Its funny that you would mention this as starch form.  The gentleman mention that people use it in soups for thicking in overseas. Duh' that should have been my first sign- oh well. I will check in with you later today.
IP Logged
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:12am »

My pills are brown... Cinnamon-colored.
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss