Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Indole ring based therapy »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Indole ring based therapy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Indole ring based therapy  (Read 546 times)
davet
New Board Newbie
USA 

Indole ring based therapy
« on: Mar 14th, 2005, 1:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I found this website only a month and half ago when I started getting clusters again, and it has been a great resource. This has been one of the worst attacks I have ever had, but the good news is that I am now on the down side! But first some history:
I first started getting "headaches" when I was 14 and was told that they were migraines. People told me I was lucky that they only lasted 1-3 hours... Then just before I turned 15 I tried LSD for the first time, and found it quite amazing... it killed my headaches. I then found that I could take a very small dose with equal effectiveness, and not have to get really high. This was great because I could then function in school etc. Its effectiveness didn't really surprise me as I was aware of the use of other ergot chemicals for migraines. So I was able to self medicate into my early twenties, and then my cluster cycles started getting further and further apart, now about five years (I feel lucky after reading some of the posts here!).
Fast forward to now, I am 39 and have had a miserable last month with about 4-5 CH per day and 2 per day at a solid 9.5. But I was amazed at reading the stuff here and at clusterbusters about these new therapies. I had thought I was the only one who this had worked for! Unfortunately I now am in a situation where I cannot risk anything illegal, but this last weekend I was able to get some organically grown Morning Glory seeds. I also started on verapamil this last Friday (have been taking beta blockers, ugg...), but starting Saturday I started out with 30 MG seeds (heavenly blue) in the morning and another 30 4 hours later. I made it through Saterday night without any headaches, even my worst time 7:00-8:30 PM, but did do vigorous exercise and O2 through that time period. Again yesterday, but got two CH's last night after 12:00am but they were only around 7 and the Imitrex killed the second one.  
So far so good today...

Sorry to ramble, but I just wanted to share my experiences.

Here's to a headache free day!

David
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Indole ring based therapy
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 1:36pm »

Welcome Dave, and sorry you're here.  
Look over at the oxygen info link on the left.

Another "alternative" therapy is being tested now and is showing promising results for some sufferers. Read through all the threads, and look for possible meds interations. The best part: legal and relatively cheap.  

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1110584362

Pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
davet
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 2:01pm »

Yeah, I was reading the Kudzu threads, interesting. I will have to try it. The doctor screwed up my O2 prescription as they set me up with 3 LT/min with the up the nose thing, now I see you are supposed to use a mask with 8-10 LT/min. No wonder it didn't work to abort the CH, it did help with the intensity though. I am quite fascinated with the Psilocybin/LSD therapy though, as it worked for me in the past. And the side effects are actually kind of fun Wink It would be nice if it becomes legitimate and legal.

Regards,

David
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 7:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
8-10 LT/min

More like 10-15
IP Logged
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16th, 2005, 8:11pm »

Fascinating thread! David, keep us posted how the morning glory seeds work out.

...............alley
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
davet
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 5:16pm »

Well it looks like I have made it through my cycle. Thanks to this website I have learned a lot and next time have some ammunition to throw at the beast! I am pretty certain the verapamil helped, but I definatly found relief from the Morning Glory seeds too. One must use caution in using MG seeds as the Lysergic Acid Amides and other stuff in the seeds can make you very ill. And one does not know the concentration of alkaloids in a particular batch of seeds, so I started with very low doses and found 30-40 seeds every four hours worked well for me, causing little stomach upset or other bad side effects. Next time around I will use verapamil, try kudzu and if I have access will try the treatments suggested on clusterbusters.com as I do know they are quite effective for me. I sure wish them well in getting the establishment to recognize the real medicinal value of these drugs.

Here's to keeping the beast in the cage!

Dave
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:11am »

Glad to hear your cycle has ended Dave.

thanks very much for posting your report. It's especially  helpful to add to the LSA data.

Even more important to hear about another ended cycle.

Take care and stay in touch.  
Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss