Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu and my Jefferson neuro appt »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu and my Jefferson neuro appt
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu and my Jefferson neuro appt  (Read 335 times)
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

Kudzu and my Jefferson neuro appt
« on: Apr 6th, 2005, 9:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So this is cool news!

I just had my monthly neuro appt at Jefferson with Dr. Young.  You guys know the hell I've been through there, but I think we're working more together now than we were before.

So I walked in this morning and right from the bat I brought up Kudzu...after he told me that the med we've been waiting to try is postponed to Septmeber since the drug company is hanging onto it for more FDA approvals to come out...grrrr....

He googled Kudzu and headache right then and there.  One of the first sites he clicked on was Jonathan's (Floridian) site with info on CH and Kudzu.

First I have to say THANK YOU JONATHAN!!!!  Without your site...this info would NOT be out there.  He read through all that, clicked on all kinds of links.

I'm slowly coming off one of my antiseizure meds, and I'm going to start up Kudzu as soon as I get it ordered.  My neuro is in complete agreement and feels that it's worth trying.  WOOHOO!!! Smiley  He said to proceed with caution just since it is herbal, etc...but...he thought it was worth it.

There were other meds he was going to potentially consider (another tricyclic antidepressant (bleh) and a different antiseizure med), but I'm going to give Kudzu a try first.

THANKS to all you guys who did the work, discovered this, and have had success and reported it!!!

Gotta go order some now.. Wink

Fingers crossed!
Lizzie2/Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Kudzu and my Jefferson neuro appt
« Reply #1 on: Apr 6th, 2005, 9:31am »

WhooHoo!!!! Great news, Carrie. I'll say it again:
THANK YOU FLO!!!!!!!
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 6th, 2005, 9:51am »

Quote:
(another tricyclic antidepressant (bleh)
I'm trying amitriptyline this time, for the first time.  It's kind of nice.  Hasn't stopped the attacks yet (but I'm only at 20mg) but I am sleeping better than I have in many years.  I'd take it just for that.

I knew (he died of lung cancer a few years back) a chronic who swore by Imiprimine, another tricyclic.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 6th, 2005, 10:15am »

Bob,

I think my deal with tricyclics could be related to the potential that I'm a hypersomniac.  I had to put off my sleep study, but that's going to be pretty telling.

On about 10mg of amitriptyline, I slept about 19 hours a day.  I had no life.  I've taken that, nortriptyline, and desipramine in that category....all had the same SE's, but I did stay on nortriptyline for a couple of years.

Also....tachycardia...ugh.  I just don't think they are good meds for me with the high amount of side effects they can have.

I'm excited to try the Kudzu first and then I'll consider the other options he has in mind!

Glad the amitriptyline is helping your sleep...in my case, it went wayyyy too far above helping me sleep into turning me into a zombie!

Lizzie Smiley
IP Logged

clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 6:11am »

Great news Carrie, I really hope it works out for you.  I am glad that your Neuro is open and willing to work with you.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 7:48am »

on Apr 6th, 2005, 9:26am, Lizzie2 wrote:
So this is cool news!

I just had my monthly neuro appt at Jefferson with Dr. Young.  
I brought up Kudzu...
He googled Kudzu and headache right then and there.  One of the first sites he clicked on was Jonathan's (Floridian) site with info on CH and Kudzu.

First I have to say THANK YOU JONATHAN!!!!  Without your site...this info would NOT be out there.  He read through all that, clicked on all kinds of links.

THANKS to all you guys who did the work, discovered this, and have had success and reported it!!!

Lizzie2/Carrie Smiley

Wink Cheesy Grin Don't ya just love it when a great plan all comes together.  Cheesy
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 9:01am »

on Apr 7th, 2005, 7:48am, BobG wrote:

Wink Cheesy Grin Don't ya just love it when a great plan all comes together.  Cheesy

Yes!!  It was one of the first times in quite a very long time that I've walked out of a neuro appt feeling in a positive mood!

I placed my order for two bottles of Nature's...something er other (I forget the brand name...!) from the vitacost website yesterday.  I got an email confirming that I joined their site and also another email saying that they mailed out the Kudzu.

I can't wait to try it!

Again, thanks for all the work done by those who are posting and trying Kudzu!

Lizzie Smiley
IP Logged

jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 2:02pm »

Great to hear Lizzie! I hear ya on the antidepressants. I've tried about 6 different ones and they all had different side effects and didn't stop the CH in my case. Graduation day is almost here Grin . Blessings, Joe
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2005, 2:03pm by jokrs2 » IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 4:40pm »

Awesome, Carrie!! Good luck with it!! Smiley
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 6:30pm »

That is great Carrie. I hope it works for you.  

Thanks Floridian (goot to know that it is out there so I can get other docs to search )

-Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss