Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone use the NSI Kudzu w/1200mg of 'zu extract? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone use the NSI Kudzu w/1200mg of 'zu extract?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone use the NSI Kudzu w/1200mg of 'zu extract?  (Read 375 times)
Melissa

Email

Anyone use the NSI Kudzu w/1200mg of 'zu extract?
« on: Jul 18th, 2005, 9:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have been having very light shadows, last time I was in cycle was 2 1/2 weeks after Eli was born....2 years ago.  I'm afraid my cycle might be back early, as I used to get it every other year in Sept., but because of having a baby, it probably threw the predictability out of whack.

Anyway, is anyone taking the NSI Kudzu with 1200mg of kudzu extract?  I am at the Vitacost website right now filling up my shopping cart.  I AM putting 2 bottles of the Natures Way in there too, but am curious about the NSI.  

If you have experience with it, please let me know.

Thanks!
mel
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2005, 3:18pm by Melissa » IP Logged
ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

Re: Anyone use the NSI Kudzu w/1500mg of 'zu extra
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18th, 2005, 9:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Mel,

No idea about NSI, and as with any supplement, quality varies. I've found that Nature's Way works so I'm sticking to it.

How about you try it and let us know....

Ozzy
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18th, 2005, 11:12am »

Thanks for the reply Oz.  The NSI Kudzu was $14.99 for 180 capsules.  Right now, I am unsure what to do.  Do I wait for my cycle to start, or do I begin taking the stuff, as soon as I receive the bottle, until after Sept. has come and gone?  Luckily, I am sensitive to any meds, vitamins or herbs, so the minimum dosage is all I need for it to be effective.   What would you do?  Or anyone else do?

IP Logged
ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18th, 2005, 11:20am »

Well Mel, do the math, 2 bottles should very well last you until September, so for $30 you'd be set.

You know *your* warning signs better than anyone. I'm not sure in the case of episodics when do you taper off, but I know some have reported great success at going through the whole cycle withou much to report as far as pain.

I'd say is is a cheap enough experiment and the earlier the better..

Good luck

Ozzy
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 11:11am »

on Jul 18th, 2005, 11:20am, ozzy wrote:

I'd say is is a cheap enough experiment and the earlier the better..

Me, too. Wow, I completely missed this thread until now.  Huh  You know your head best, mel, so if you think it's going to start....go for it. {INSERT ALL REQUIRED DUSCLAIMERS HERE}
Keep us posted, OK? hugs and pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 3:17pm »

Hey there Nani, thanks.  You too Oz.  Smiley

Well, I received my 'zu about 15 minutes ago and will begin my regimen tomorrow morning.  I have decided, since I'm not in cycle, to take 1 pill at 9am and one at 9pm every day.  That way, if my cycle does break through, I can up the dosage if need be.  BTW, NSI means "Nutraceutical Science Institute".  Reminds me of Tom Cruise for some weird reason. Roll Eyes  

Anyhow, my bottle of 180 capsules has 1.2g (1200mg) of Kudzu Extract (concentrated 5:1), with other ingredients of Kosher gelatin, rice flour and magnesium stearate.

It's weird, but even though I'm not in cycle...yet...I feel like this huge sense of heavy dread and burden have been lifted from my shoulders.  I will keep everyone up to date on my progress to see if I can entirely skip the pain of this years cycle.

Smileymel
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2005, 3:17pm by Melissa » IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 3:25pm »

on Jul 21st, 2005, 3:17pm, Melissa wrote:
"Nutraceutical Science Institute"

Sounds like something in Willy Wonka.

The nutradoodical fantastanoodical science institutal
Or the nuestramoonical scienamoodical indudapoodical

modified to say:

and if anyone is asking for any of what I'm on, it's just love baby!
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2005, 3:27pm by seasonalboomer » IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Anyone use the NSI Kudzu w/1200mg of 'zu extra
« Reply #7 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 3:35pm »

Jeez, Scott....you're killin' me today.  laugh  
...please send me some of what you're on.
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 4:20pm »

Ok, I'm a dork.  

A serving size is 2 capsules (600mg 'zu PER CAPSULE  ohjez) 3x a day, but I'm going with 1 capsule 2x a day for right now.  Can I confusicate anything else today??? sheesh

Undecided
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #9 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 7:04pm »

That should be enough to start, mel. I noticed a difference with a similar dosage. I did have to add more, eventually. Keep us posted, OK? hugs, nani
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31st, 2005, 8:50pm »

Ok, I think I may be going into cycle. Undecided  For the past 4 or 5 nights at around 8pm I have been getting very heated up to the point my body gets clammy and I feel like my head is gonna detach from my body.  I start to flip out, thinking that I'm going nuts.  Now along with it is this strange feeling in my head, like I'm going to pass out or something, but HOLY CRAP, I just remembered...  A side effect of the 'zu is dizzyness....OMFG, LMFAO!! laugh  Here I've been taking this stuff (only 2 pills a day mind you!) and feeling like I'm going OUT of my mind, and stoooopid me forgot about the side effects. ohjez  

BTW, are hot flashes also a side effect??  I still think I might be going into cycle, but have no clue other than the fact I've been getting the telltale "squinty" eye, where I can feel something about to hit me along with my nasal passage becoming stuffy. Undecided

Well fudge.  If I am only taking 2 pills a day, and I cut down to one... do you think it would still be effective?

This sux. Angry
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #11 on: Jul 31st, 2005, 8:57pm »

I don't know about hot flash side effects, since I have them all the time anyway.  Undecided
Do you get hot and sweaty when you get hit? I found I had a lot of "phantom" hits, with most of the symptoms and none of the pain.  
You could try just one a day. Time it to coincide with your biggest activity. If they're tablets, you could even cut one in half.  
It's really an individual process to find out the "perfect" dose and timing.  
Keep up the good work, mel... hugs and pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 31st, 2005, 9:06pm »

Hey Nani, thanks for the hugs & wishes.  Yes, I get very heated up when I am getting hit, only I feel clammy on the outside and not hot at all (according to hubby).  I have the capsules, so I cannot split one in half, so I suppose since I am good in the mornings and during the day, I could start taking just one a day at around 6 or 7pm.  Thank you for the suggestion!  I will keep this thread updated as things do, or do not, progress.

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 8:51pm »

Well, thought I'd update this thread.  I've been taking the 1 pill a day now at approx. 7pm every night.  If I am late taking it, then my head really lets me know by giving me little ch "percursers".  Hard to explain, but it's sort of like, "If you don't take your pill, I'm going to come and get you." Undecided  I have NO CLUE if I'm in cycle right now, and frankly, I don't care to find out!

I'll update again in a couple weeks.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #14 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 9:37pm »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 8:51pm, Melissa wrote:
 I have NO CLUE if I'm in cycle right now, and frankly, I don't care to find out!

I think that sounds like good news!  Cheesy  
Wishing you continued doubts.  Kiss
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 26th, 2005, 6:09pm »

Ok, update time.  I have been taking the 1 pill a day at approx. 7pm, faithfully.  I've not noticed anything peculiar, until last night.  I had 2 wine coolers, and then got slammed with very hard shadows that stayed with me for about 15 min, twice.  Not only that, I have come to find out, that I have to give up drinking all together, but that's a different topic. Wink

Anyway, I'll see how things go tonight whether or not I get hard shadows again between 8 & 10pm.  If I do, then I have a feeling my cycle is beginning, or has begun.  It would be AWESOME if my just taking 1 pill a day prevents them from going full blown, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd update this thread. Undecided

IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 26th, 2005, 6:24pm »

on Jul 31st, 2005, 8:50pm, Melissa wrote:

BTW, are hot flashes also a side effect??  I still think I might be going into cycle, but have no clue other than the fact I've been getting the telltale "squinty" eye, where I can feel something about to hit me along with my nasal passage becoming stuffy. Undecided

I have gotten hot flashes when in cycle - that is easy for a middle aged woman, but no small feat for a middle aged man. Wink  
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #17 on: Aug 26th, 2005, 6:24pm »

on Jul 31st, 2005, 8:50pm, Melissa wrote:

I have gotten hot flashes when in cycle - that is easy for a middle aged woman, but no small feat for a middle aged man. Wink  
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #18 on: Aug 26th, 2005, 8:02pm »

LOL Flo!  Better document that feat! Wink

laugh
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #19 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 2:54pm »

Update time.

I have been shadowing at least once a day for the past 2 weeks now.  Normally I would be in cycle right now, so I don't know WHAT is goin on Huh.  I'm thinking it could be one of three things:

1. I haven't had my cycle go full swing yet, so it may happen any day now.
2. The kudzu is keeping my cycle from evolving.
3. My cyclic pattern has gone from every other year, to once every 3 years.

You're guess is as good as mine. Undecided

Oh, and there is NO WAY I'm going off the 'zu "just to find out". Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2005, 2:55pm by Melissa » IP Logged
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #20 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 3:05pm »

Mel, when I was on the kudzu, all of my hits and accompanying symptoms were muted. What probably would have been horrible hits, ended up being only bad enough to get me pacing. The only times I got hit during my cycle, is when I started fooling around with my dosages, timing, or experimented with tapering off of it to see if it worked similiarly to Prednisone. As long as I stayed on it, everything was fine. I got hit a total of eight times for the whole cycle, and the cycle only lasted half as long as cycles previous.

Glad to hear that it's working for you. Hang in there! PFDAN's!
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss