Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Link ?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Link ??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Link ??  (Read 358 times)
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Link ??
« on: Sep 8th, 2005, 10:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

I'm a newbie to this site, thanks for your support and advice so far  Smiley

I have noticed a couple of people have mentioned chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia and as a suffer of fibro myself was wondering if there was any link?  How many others out there suffer from these symptoms??

Wish you all PFNAD  and if all else fails... I'm still laughing at some of the messages on here - I thought Mike said banana too - and was considering it and Le-Limey (?) sorry - the pop rocks - outrageous!  LMAO

Kate
IP Logged
kimmeesue
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

Re: Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Link ??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 11:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A nurse friend posed a similar question to me yesterday.  I have Lupus and fibro and can't help but wonder if there is a link to the auto-immune system.  Anti-inflammatories sure don't do anything for me headache wise, of course neither do any of the other oft prescribed HA meds so I can't even give any anecdotal evidence.
One commonality is that doctors seem to treat us like nutcases on both counts.
Kim
IP Logged

If I wasn't doing this I'd probably be doing something else.
floridian

Email

Re: Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Link ??
« Reply #2 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 12:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Fibro involves disturbances to the serotonin system and immune system - that could definitely interact with clusters. I don't think most clusterheads have fibro.  Fatigue, but mostly when the clusters wear us down.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss