Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 1:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ZOMIG AND MY INS???? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   ZOMIG AND MY INS????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ZOMIG AND MY INS????  (Read 168 times)
mikeheadache
New Board Newbie
USA 

busy find a cure!

mrjngrws

ZOMIG AND MY INS????
« on: Aug 9th, 2005, 7:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok i've had clusters since i was 15 i'm 25 now and i've been given everything from oxy's to topamax to zomig and maxalt
the only thing that works for me is the zomig or maxalt but my doctor tells me that my ins won't cover more than 6 pills a month,$26.50 a pill of zomig, and i need 60- one a day. I'm kinda luck that he's a nice guy and is going to give me some more but what the hell is with that, i feel like hurting myself a lot of the time b/c of the pain (not that i would) but it very intense and painful, i wish one of these fu-ckin doctors or INS providers would get a taste of a day in my shoes, so that they would know how it feels and the pain we all go through.  

I have to say zomig is a wonderful drug for me, it totally blocks out the clusters. I in my cycle now and going up a wall they gave me some imitrex which made me so sick today. if any one can give me some answer on what i should do other meds i should look into or just some help so i don't loss it, thanks!  
mike
i hope you can understand me my head is pounding out of my skull right now so excuse me.  
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2005, 7:51pm by mikeheadache » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: ZOMIG AND MY INS????
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 10:06pm »

Hi Mike...that's a common problem among us. You can do two things. First ask your dr to inform your ins company that you need more out of medical necessity. Then ask him to give you any samples he can get.  
Welcome, by the way, and sorry you have to be here.
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
mikeheadache
New Board Newbie
USA 

busy find a cure!

mrjngrws

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 11:19pm »

Thank you i've been here before, i just never joined. Yeah i was dealing with that today getting him to call them and deal with it, but it's a no go he told me they never give out more than 6-10 a month for anyone, which i think is bs b/c i thought i get 18 last time i went through this. well thanks for the reply!
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 11:23pm »

There's a member, blossom, that works for BC/BS. Donna_D also has experience with them. PM either one of them, they should be able to tell you more. Both of them have posted recently on the General Board. Click on their name and then click on send message.

edited to add: oops...I thought you wrote bc/bs not bs/bc.  Embarassed   they'll likely know something helpful, though.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2005, 11:24pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss