Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new med frova »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   new med frova
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new med frova  (Read 284 times)
antiquebud
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

new med frova
« on: Aug 18th, 2005, 7:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Grin Grin cluster sufferer for 32 years now and have tryed everything under the sun. my doctor just prescribed FROVA for this last bout, which is in its third week now.within 5 - 10 minutes headache was gone and last nigkt was the first night I slept thru with no headache, thought I would pass it on it might be worth a try although very expensive, about 21.00 per tablet
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: new med frova
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18th, 2005, 9:15pm »

I  used to get hit 8x a day.  The dr thought frova would be great for me because it was so long lasting and I wouldn't be taking imitrix all the time (every 2 hrs).  Unfortunatly frova did nothing for me.  Amerge is suppose to have a long life also like 12 hours but it only aborted my ha for 2 hrs and then the ch came back.  I am so glad that you found something that works for you.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
antiquebud
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 7:58am »

I think I spoke to soon. Did not last, Back to the drawing board.dont know what else to do, Ill keep searching for relief.
IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 9:49am »

I take Frova 2 days a week....on days when I work 12 hour shifts.

It does hold the beast off for a good long while....however I take it first thing in the morning before going to work.  That's because it takes so darn long to work that if I waited to take it during an actual attack, it wouldn't abort that one at all.

The half-life is supposed to be about 26 hours I believe, but for me...I may get 13 hours out of it before it all comes crashing back.  13 hours isn't bad, though!

Half-life of Amerge is 6 hours - that's my other lifeline - but also another one that couldn't abort an attack quickly if you needed it!  I just use O2 and ice for a fast acting abortive!!

Best of luck,
CarrieSmiley
IP Logged

lindysmom
New Board Newbie
USA 

Today is B-E-A-utiful... -Bruce Almighty

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 7:36pm »

doc gave me 2 trail packs from her stash of freebies...goof thing too...at 21 bucks per pill it would have really sucked since they didn't do a thing...literally noticed about as much difference as if I had taken tylenol Angry
IP Logged

Lindy's mom
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 5th, 2005, 12:32am »

I take Frova.

I take it at the first sign of a CH.    Instead of suffering for an hour 1/2, it stops the CH within 10-20 minutes.   Sometimes sooner..

Not everything works for all...

I am currently taking the Kudzu....Haven't had to take the Frova  since last January.

Good luck...PF vibes

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss