Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 1/3 Inj. Trex Statdose pen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   1/3 Inj. Trex Statdose pen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1/3 Inj. Trex Statdose pen  (Read 331 times)
magman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

1/3 Inj. Trex Statdose pen
« on: Aug 21st, 2005, 9:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here is a modified statdose pen that provides injections measured in 'thirds'. "Plunger stops" are set at 1/3, 2/3 and final third [or full] injections.

I get 6 full kits per month, so having a supply of pens to destroy was not a problem. So I pulled the out casing off to find out what made it tic. I transfered my measured markings from the cotton swab used [trex tip]
to the pen, drilled a few holes and made some plunger stops. A small plastic plug was inserted [orange button in photo] to compress the cartridge spring.

What drove this redesign was not so much extending the trex [although 12 carts were not enuff], but rather to cut the dose. The 2nd time I used 6mg, I had chest and arm pain and difficutly breathing for about 4 hrs.

When I feel a hit coming on, I use a 1/3 injection. If the beast has not split in 5 min., I hit him again with another 1/3.  

-magman
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: 1/3 Inj. Trex Statdose pen
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2005, 12:39pm »

That's awesome Dan!!!

Now go make one from scratch, patent it and sell it back to Glaxco becoming a millionaire!!!!

Hope you are well!!!!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Episodic CH since 11 yrs old, now 39.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21st, 2005, 1:57pm »

Awesome idea!  Just wondering how many Gaxo reps are looking at this site ready to steal your wonderful idea.  Definitely consider put your time and energy into patenting it and selling it to Glaxo or others.
IP Logged

Wishing all a Pain Free 2008!
LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Episodic CH since 11 yrs old, now 39.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21st, 2005, 1:59pm »

PS...You may want to consider modifying/deleting your post so that this does not occur, then when your product comes out and you've made millions by Glaxo, remind us all we saw it here 1st....just a thought watching out for you.
IP Logged

Wishing all a Pain Free 2008!
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21st, 2005, 3:19pm »

Fan-Fucking-tastic, Bro!!

I dont use Trex, but what an awesome ideaheadbanger
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 21st, 2005, 4:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Slick, Really Slick!!!!!!!! Very Ingenious!!!!!!
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #6 on: Aug 21st, 2005, 8:25pm »

Wicked cool!!!

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23rd, 2005, 6:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nice rig. Careful with Glaxo, they may put a hit on you.

Do you think they want us using less of their product?
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 11:51am »

Quote:
When I feel a hit coming on, I use a 1/3 injection. If the beast has not split in 5 min., I hit him again with another 1/3.

Most ingenious! Kudos to you.

May I make a suggestion? I found that when using just a third of a stat dose, five minutes was not enough time. I needed seven minutes almost to the second from time of injection to time of first relief. At around five and a half minutes, the pain would suddenly spike higher for about a minute to a minute and a half (seems impossible, I know, but I swear it happened every time -- that's how I knew the 'trex had finally made its way to where it was supposed to be), then at seven minutes exactly the CH would just sort of "drain" out of me till by eight and a half minutes I was totally pain free.

So you may still be using more than you need to. If you can hang on for another two or three minutes my guess is you will rarely if ever require a second "third-of-a-hit". But if you hit the ten minute mark with no relief, all bets are off. Go for the second third.

pinky  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss