Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Maxalt related heart attack »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Maxalt related heart attack
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Maxalt related heart attack  (Read 419 times)
maryB
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Maxalt related heart attack
« on: Aug 24th, 2005, 10:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there,
I recently was hospitalized with a heart attack that the doctors have identified as potentially Maxalt related - my heart muscle constricted. I don't smoke or do drugs and have no history myself of heart problems although there is a history of stroke on my father's side. Thus, the Maxalt question.
I am wondering if anyone has heard of these drugs spurring an actual heart attack  or serious chest pains where there is no history.
Thanks in advance,
Mary
mary_bergstrom@yahoo.com
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

Re: Maxalt related heart attack
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 3:56am »

Refering to what my cardio told me:

The old generation of triptans as in "imitrex" can be bad for you if you have that riskfactor.

However it seems that the new generation of triptans is not that bad for the heart as first expected,however you should be careful with the triptans in this case

For myself im adding that i had a heartattack back in 2001 and still using the trex.shots when in need.Have been up to 8 shots a day for mnths,after the heartattack.

They told me that my heartattack was family-related.

and not related to the triptans.

would not hesitate for a second to use triptans if i need it ,but that is just me.

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
floridian

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 10:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

A problem here is multiple causality. If someone was shot in the heart, it would be simple to fix the blame. But if things build to a certain degree (due to genetics, diet, exercise, other lifestyle factors) and then a med triggers or contributes to a heart attack, how is the blame fixed?  That requires a trip into uncertainty and statistics.  

The Vioxx lawsuits give a glimpse at these issues - on one hand, doctors have calculated that Vioxx was responsible for an additional 100,000 heart attacks. But that was in a population of millions of people who took vioxx, and many would have had a heart attack regardless. But the fact that the company concealed the risks of vioxx puts them more into the blame.
IP Logged
triptandanger

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 5:25am »

Just to know that persons who post here dont care about patients health they are triptans drugs agents, I saw how they igonre this post,,,,, This is what I warnning you about it;;;
So I post what I post later;
Triptans drugs can kill migraine patients if he will be in a stress situations in time of taken a triptans drugs.......
If he is lucky it can cause a cerebral lessions...
To know how it happen read this page;
http://migrainesurgery.8m.net/custom.html
Triptans also cause a high Blood pressure during the time of acting, so it may cause a cerebral bleeding.
You can search the migraine medical archive and you will never find a cerebral lession ar stoke and death of migraine patients before the ERA of TRIPTANS..

You may want more explanation to understand,,
To make the danger of triptans as low as possible, you must know from where the danger comes,,
Triptans works as a strong vasoconstrictore (work on heart vessels and brain also), stress also cause a heart vasoconstrictore, in addition to that you all know that person in stress take alot of coffe ( strong heart vasoconstrictore factore) and Nicotine (smoke) which also heart vasoconstrictore factore.......
Migraine patients which take triptans in such situations can be in a very high risk of heart attack.

How could you say that triptans cant increase risk of heart attack when it cause a strong heart vasoconstrictore, and they wrote inside the triptans box that when patients feel pain in his chest he must stop the treatment but it will be too late,,,,,,

Dear,
Migraine patients must know how work triptans to make him feel better,,,,
He must know that vasodilatation is resbosable for migraine headache and because of that they give him a triptans that make this vasodilatation stop but by triptans effect as strog vasoconstrictores,,,here is the big danger that every doctors must explain that to his patients,,,,Triptans effect as vasoconstrictore is not selected (not works on the arteries that cause migraine headache but also works on brain and heart arteries) ,,,,  
And he must know that any drugs work on heart arteries as vasoconstrictore is very dangerous because it effects goes for a long time which make the posiblility of heart attack is real.....
No one if he think correct can or have right to talk that triptans cant cause heart attack or worst......
Migraine patients can try any migraine drugs but not TRIPTANS.
When it works as vasoconstricitres on heart vesseles that mean its a poisson,,,,

As known migraine is very common disease, so sportsmens also may have migraine, some patients take triptans to prevent migraine crises,,,so can you think what may be happen, when a sportsmen has a match to play, he has already or he afraid to have migraine crises, so he will take one of triptans drugs,,as he sportsmen he may take 2 tablets to be sure that migraine headaches will sure not disturb his play.....
That mean less blood to supply heart muscle,,,plus emotion that also cause spsm in heart vessels,,,,
Less blood in heart arteries that give heart muscle to contract,,,In addition to that heart will work in maximum effort in sport time,,,.
So we have sure less blood due to vasoconstrictores, and too much need to more blood,,,,,.
You can ask any cardiolog and he will tell you if heart attack in this situation possible or not????
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 6:08am »

For the attention of anyone new reading this.

Triptan Danger is a troll.

He has registered on this site under many names and deleted all of them after being run off for dangerous, ridiculous and worthless views.

He is not a doctor.

He has no medical training and his so called medical certification comes from schools with no medical education programmes.

Do not be deceived.

His opinion and views are worth their weight in manure so unless you have roses read no further!

Oh and he does not have cluster headaches so if you are looking for help his views are of no value to you.

« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2005, 6:08am by LeLimey » IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 9:34am »

My doctors have advised me to stay off all triptans, due to my propensity for heart trouble. I see no point in risking it. My abortives are now limited to oxygen and Red Bull. pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
headachesstoper
New Board Newbie
Romania 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:31am »

To take a risk?
Does it worst?
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 1:33pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:31am, headachesstoper wrote:
To take a risk?
Does it worst?

right Ali....
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
rextangle

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 6:54pm »

Triptandanger, I looked at your link.
So, if you are a doctor, I suggest (being in the web business) that you get a more professional looking page. I've seen teenieboppers make pages about nothing look better than your clown puke looking website....

Then, your patent page is in arabic.... that does not mean squat to me.

Have you heard of spell check?? Look into it, it might be worth it!

My advice to you as a non-doctor to another: Get off the crack and stop posting your garbage shit here.

Thanks!!!
Rex finger
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2005, 6:55pm by rextangle » IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:55pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2005, 1:33pm, vig wrote:
right Ali....

Shit, Vig...yer right. It IS Ali. I thot you were just dikking around.

Sure glad I don't have to make a choice between a tricky heart and triptans. My heart would lose every time. I do my best as a good little scout not to use `em, but it's always a safety net option, guarenteed in this case. Wotan knows what poor condition my nicotine-alcohol-cholesterol laden heart is in, but what isn't documented can't hurt you. Kinda.
I'm with Svenn all the way.

I'm declaring a Jihad on Ali, too.
RJ

Edited just to piss off those that hate editing.  
Ali, too.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2005, 8:07pm by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss