Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:00pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « St. Johns Wort »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   St. Johns Wort
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: St. Johns Wort  (Read 725 times)
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

St. Johns Wort
« on: Aug 31st, 2005, 10:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello to my CH family.  I haven't been on the site in a really long time.  Sure hope everyone is doing well and smashing the beast against the wall.

Just wondering if anyone has taken St. John's Wort.  I'm not asking specifically for the relief of CH's, but has anyone been on it for other reasons and found it to bring on a cycle or make their CH's worse?  I've been out of my cycle for over a year now and surely don't want to fix something that's not broken.......

Our twins (17 months old now YIKES) are really keeping me busy during the day so my computer time is extremely limited.  I haven't forgotten anyone on this site and think of you guys often.

Any words of advice would be helpful regarding St. John's.....thanks guys

Miss everyone,
Mia
IP Logged
floridian

Email

Re: St. Johns Wort
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31st, 2005, 11:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I took it all of 2000 (double dose, every day), and was cluster free that year.  But I don't know if it is a coincidence, some years I get hit, some I don't, and that was a pattern before and after the St Johns Wort.  I can say that it didn't trigger a cycle or make things worse for me.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2005, 11:09am by floridian » IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 1st, 2005, 7:43am »

Thanks for the info.....anyone else have any "hands-on" experiences with this medication????

Thanks,  
Mia
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:59pm »

Brad took it for quite a long time.....I was always pickin it up at Walmart. He got on the natural kick and was into ginsing and other stuff for stress. Then he decided it wasn't doin nothing cuz he got busy and kept forgetting to take it and didn't feel any different. So much for that idea. I have heard tho that alot of that stuff that is supposed to help you is TOO weak in store bought brands........whatever is stated on the bottle as ingrediants but most usually "don't know" the dose you NEED to be of any value so they see the label and buy it or buy the cheaper one and tossin money into someone elses get rich quick pocket. Same with alot of the over the counter pet meds and flea products. The product contains the good stuff but way too weak to work properly.....so ya keep buyin more cuz ya don't know any better. Ever pick fleas off a dog when givein it a flea bath with cheap stuff.......stick em in a jar......they be back to life only cleaner in about a half hour !! One product is supposed to knock em out so they stay put while the other ingredient kills them. I tried that one day and was shocked......I had a jar FULL of shiney hungry fleas off of a kitten. None were killed in the process Pam

(sorry if I got carried away here.....I get so frustrated with products and labels and tryin to KNOW which is best and KNOW the strenghs that I NEED to use to work well and not get ripped off)
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss