Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 1:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Getting O2 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Getting O2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Getting O2  (Read 220 times)
FrankF
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Getting O2
« on: Sep 13th, 2005, 9:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ive been having clusters off and on for about 20 years, and my PCP (who I taught everything he knows about CH) and treated them for almost that long moved out of state in June.

Last week I saw a new PCP I never saw before who agreed to give me more trex (along with a CT scan I didn't need, and blood work I didn't need either)... but I was happy for 10 trex to last me a month... especially because it was my first visit with a N00b doctor. We decided to do a Prednisone taper too but it didn't work.

He also said I would have to try O2 again before he would ask my insurance to increase the trex. OK that was easy... he will give me some O2 if I need it.

Here is how my past two days have gone:
Monday 9/12 at 10am - Called doctors office and left a message requesting O2. They will ask the doctor to call back.
Monday 9/12 about 2pm - Called office and left message reminding them this is second time I have called. They will ask the doctor to call back.
Monday 9/12 about 6:30pm - Called office and got the answering service who said the office is closed, but I can go to Urgent Care. I screamed and cursed and told the guy I am in too fucking much pain to drive a car!
Today 9/13 about 9:30am - Called doctors office and complained that this is my fourth call since yesterday, the doctor has not returned my calls, and I need O2. I was told they would leave a message for the doctor. Adrenaline kicked in and I demanded to talk to the doctor or his nurse or a supervisor NOW! Then I felt bad and apologiized (hey no reason to take it out on her... she just answers the phones). She said she understood my frustration level and would ask the doctor to call.
Today 9/13 at 12:34pm - I sent a FAX to the doctor describing in 3-D gory detail last night's CH attack, how much I dread going to sleep tonight, and I hate laying awake all night resisting the temptation to do something really stupid I wouldn't be around to regret later.
Three minutes later - Doctor's nurse calls and I can have the O2... which pharmacy should she FAX the prescription to? So I had to explain that I can't go down to Walgreen's with a prescription and pick O2. Duh!
Ten minutes later - Doctor calls and asks what they can do to get O2 to me faster? I gave him the phone number for Apria.
Today 9/13 at 7:00pm - still waiting for the O2 delivery guy... 3x 3mg trex left. I think the pizza guy will get here first. Grrrr!  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss