Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 9:09am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Flunarizine, Zomig & Water »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Flunarizine, Zomig & Water
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Flunarizine, Zomig & Water  (Read 305 times)
lars2005

Email

Flunarizine, Zomig & Water
« on: Sep 16th, 2005, 6:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm 31 year old portuguese woman living in Germany. I'm on portuguese meds so I'm putting the compound on brackets

I did an experimental preventive 2 month treatment with Vasilium a very recent drug in Portugal wich is Calcium Channel Blocking Agent (Flunarizine) and believe I feel better ; I don't understand the technical terms; before the Vasilium treatment I was getting individual headaches lasting from half an hour when lucky up to 3 hours daily headaches with different levels of pain if it's correct to say, tha is, some I feel it's coming (when my eye starts wanting to drop tears and a mild stab in the head) and if I take the Zomig, after a while I can go on with my life "normally", others there's no chance and have to stop doing whatever it is I'm doing (usually happens by the end of the day and most of the times I should be working late, or arounf 5.am like tonight)
As pain killer (?) upon an "attack" I'm on Zomig Rapimeld 2,5 mg.
(a question aside: have a heart condition and my doctor told me to be carefull with zomig and  try to take it only if I can't bear the pain but I take it as asson as I get the first signs (eye drooling, nose, stabbing) because i cannot think i going through a big pain. , but is there really a heart-problem related with taking zomig? should i worry?)

besides these two meds, I'm also on Victan (ethyl loflazepate) for stress disorder, 1 tablet a night plus one on SOS.

tonight at 5.am I woke up with a big one, had to get up the bed went to the living room , took zomig but took almost hour and half to take efect. It was the most intensive pain (in CH) I ever had since diagnosed and the first time I ever went to the hospital because of it (my partner decided to took me as I was screaming and hitting my head. can't remember much besides trying to stab a pencil on my arm to try to think of another pain i don't know)

I'd like an opinion on the zomig + Flunarizine combination from you, taking into consideration all other meds I've referenced here and the heart condition.

Also, I'm reading about the "waterx3" .  I had a kidney faillure a year ago and kidney stones (all is well now), hereditary from my mom side . After all was right I was careful with the water and was drinking 3 liter per day but now I'm  lazy. Is the waterx3 really efective  for CH ? How does is work ? preventive?  

I'm starting another headache now, the orbital is giving sign. hopefully I will be able to look here still today and see if anyone answers me.  

thank you very much

« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2005, 10:05am by lars2005 » IP Logged
lars2005

Email

Re: Flunarizine, Zomig & Water
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 4:16am »

anyone?
IP Logged
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 19th, 2005, 5:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cheesy
It was a quite weekend,
but I know there are some on here that  
canhelp describe why the triptans
can be dangerous ifyou have heart troubles.

I'm not well versed in it....
but I hope you get a response soon.....

best wishes.
TJ
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
lars2005

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 2:50pm »

thank you  

*bum*
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss