Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 5:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lyrica »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lyrica
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lyrica  (Read 295 times)
hm54
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Lyrica
« on: Oct 2nd, 2005, 1:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Neuro has prescribed Lyrica on top of verapamil. Can't find much about it. Any experience?
IP Logged
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re:  Lyrica
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2005, 6:53pm »

Pfizer Statement on Regulatory Status of Lyrica

NEW YORK, September 02, 2004 -- In response to media inquiries, Pfizer said it has received approvable letters from the US Food & Drug Administration for three indications for Lyrica (pregabalin): neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia, and as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures in adults. Pfizer received a non-approvable letter for Lyrica for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder.

Pfizer said it is continuing to work closely with the FDA during the ongoing regulatory review to resolve open issues on all indications and labeling.

In the European Union, Lyrica received marketing approval in July 2004 for the management of peripheral neuropathic pain and as an adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures.
IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
kimmeesue
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 4:40pm »

I am so glad you posted this.  I have fibromyalgia and in reading up discovered this drug has shown success in it's treatment.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Kim
IP Logged

If I wasn't doing this I'd probably be doing something else.
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:06pm »

I take Lyrica.  It's new so there really isn't much info on it.  But if you search around,  you may be able to find info on it from European sites as it has been out there for much longer than here.  In fact it's so new that the pharmacy here at the university didn't even have a printout sheet for it.

It's an antiseizure med that goes by the generic name pregabalin.  So  supposedly it should be a precursor to gapabentin (neurontin) - I've been told that it should work similar to the GABA drugs but perhaps better for some who don't do well on those drugs (like me).

It's probably more likely to be helpful for migraine than  CH, but I doubt if anyone will know until more time goes by and studies are done.

Let us know how you do on it!  I've just increased to 75mg twice a day.  Smiley

Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

Ueli

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:06pm, Lizzie2 wrote:
....  It's new so there really isn't much info on it...

The 362,000 hit from Google could keep you occupied for some hours.  Wink

smokin

IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:17pm »

LOL Thanks Ueli

I *personally* don't need more info about it.  But the link to all the hits surely can't hurt  haha

L2
IP Logged

hm54
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 11:41pm »

I read 361,452 google hits. Somehow, I trust CH.com posts more!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss