Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 5:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « O2 and steroid questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   O2 and steroid questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: O2 and steroid questions  (Read 284 times)
mischki
New Board Newbie
USA 

Slobber happens...

WWW Email

O2 and steroid questions
« on: Sep 16th, 2005, 7:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Great New Doctor today!  Gave us 3 boxes of 'trex for free, and said we could have whatever we wanted!  Was a great listener too!  (How rare to find a doc that doesn't just say "here's your script, now get out so I can see my next patient and make more money."Wink

Went to get the O2 but they didn't have the high-flow regulators (the highest they had went to Eight) nor the rebreather mask.  We got a "simple" mask.

Tried to explain what we wanted, even took them to this site and the oxygen info.  The lady said "I don't know where this info came from, but you CAN'T use a humidifier with a high-flow regulator."

Asked where we could get it.  She said she didn't know.  We went ahead and took their schtuff - we are desperate and want to try it - but my question is:

Is it just a matter of getting a regulator somewhere (saw the post that someone had some for sale...), a mask (also saw the link for the clustermask) and hooking that up to the tanks we get from the supply company?

On another note, I mentioned to the doctor that I'd read a few things about some meds that might help to prevent and/ or stop a cycle.  He said, "yeah, there's been some success with calcium blockers for some" (this from a GP - he must have done his homework after our emergency call!).  I said I thought I saw something about steroids.  He said, "I can give you a shot - it might not do anything, but it definitely won't hurt."  So we got 4 mg of Decadron and 8 mg of Decadron LA.  Anyone heard of this?  Anyone had any success/failure with this?  

(Other than his butt cheek hurting, there's been nothing so far - but it was only 5 hours ago...  We'll keep you posted if anything develops - or doesn't!  Richard said "I feel like Forrest Gump - Something just jumped up and bit me!" Tongue)

Thanks so much!

PFDAN
mischki
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2005, 9:48pm by mischki » IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

Re: O2 and steroid questions
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 8:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yes, Decadron is a steriod that helps me out (temporarly) when things get rough. (The effects of Decadron don't last long)

Goodluck & PF Wishes

UNsolved

Decadron info:
http://www.tirgan.com/decadron.htm
http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/d/decadron/decadron_tblts_ pi.pdf#search='Decadron'
http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/d/decadron/decadron_phsinj _pi.pdf#search='Decadron'
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2005, 9:08pm by unsolved1 » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 10:04pm »

PM or email me your address and I'll send you a brand new non-rebreather mask!

Regards,

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 19th, 2005, 11:37am »

on Sep 16th, 2005, 7:53pm, mischki wrote:
Tried to explain what we wanted, even took them to this site and the oxygen info.  The lady said "I don't know where this info came from, but you CAN'T use a humidifier with a high-flow regulator."

Horsehockey!

on Sep 16th, 2005, 7:53pm, mischki wrote:
Is it just a matter of getting a regulator somewhere (saw the post that someone had some for sale...), a mask (also saw the link for the clustermask) and hooking that up to the tanks we get from the supply company?

I got a bunch of regulators stashed. Yell if you want one. You can also buy them on EBay. You need a 540 for large tanks, and an 870 for small tanks (per pix below - both of these models will handle a bubbler.)  

By all means get a Clustermasx.
Ben has them for sale - $25.00 - and they're worth every penny.

I'm real big on owning your own O2 accessories. You won't be dependant on anyone else providing the right stuff, other than a tank full of canned air.

I don't know jack about steroids,
RJ

« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2005, 11:47am by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
mischki
New Board Newbie
USA 

Slobber happens...

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 9:59pm »

Just an update...

Since the steroid shot on Friday afternoon around 3 p.m., he had one really low-level HA that was taken care of by the O2 around 2 a.m. Saturday morning - even with the apparently insufficient equipment we had.

He was PF until about 5 minutes ago.  It woke him up...  I've just given him a 'trex shot (we third them).  

Unsolved:  I now know what you mean by "they don't last long."  I just didn't know how long that was...

Mr. Happy:  I should take you up on the regulator...  we've got the smaller green-topped tanks, so I guess I need an 870.

Eric is sending us a non-rebreather, but I think that as soon as my next paycheck comes in, I'll be investing in one of those Clustermasx!

I want every weapon available in my arsenal...

Just wanted y'all to know what happened with the 'roids.

mischki
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss